Conference on International Banking and Finance: Issues, Challenges and Solutions
GNLU centre for Banking Investment & Taxation is organizing a Conference on International Banking and Finance: Issues, Challenges and Solutions
Date: 22nd July, 2012
Venue: Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Gandhinagar - 382007
Objectives of the Conference:
Some of the questions that this conference will try to address are:
- Global Best Practices in Banking - Who will decide, The U.S., U.K., Europe, Singapore, Japan or India?
- What should be an effective Regulatory Infrastructure for Banking & Financial Stability and Inclusive Growth?
- Are the key issues that are being debated the world over?
- Is there a profitable model to make financial services inclusive?
- Can we use technology to make financial services more accessible?
Aim of the Conference:
- Creating awareness towards the advance developments in the banking sector.
- Evolving Strategic technology management to integrate the banking and Finance Sector.
- Mobilize all the resources and expertise from academia and practice to establish a strong cooperation in disseminating information on opportunities and potential of Islamic banking and finance as a catalyst for progress of Muslims.
- Identify the factors, methods and strategies that could accelerate progress in all aspects to improve the quality of financial products and services and Islamic banking.
Call for Paper:
- Financial Innovations in Banking - Since 2008,
- Financial inclusion strategies and challenges in Developing Countries,
- RBI as Regulator and Changing Role - Reserve Bank of India's Role as,
- Regulator in comparative perspective of Developing countries,
- Scams and frauds in Banks - in Developing Countries,
- Securitization of Financial Assets - since Global Meltdown,
- Major Issues and Challenges on International Banking among Asian Economies,
- Islamic Banking - Issues, Challenges and Solutions,
- Transparency and Corporate,
- Governance in Banking Investment Treaties and Role of Banking Sectors,
- Capacity Building Programs by Multilateral Development Banks for Asian Economies - Learning Lessons and Best Practices.
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract: 18th June, 2012
- Notification of Selection of Abstract: 21st June, 2012
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: 09th July, 2012
- Notification of Selection of Full Paper: 11th July, 2012
- Entries can be co-authored. However, a maximum of two authors per entry are allowed.
- Abstract shall not exceed 250 words.
- Submission shall contain a covering letter indicating Name of the Author (s), Designation, Affiliation, E-mail id & Mobile number (for both the abstract & full paper).
- For main text - the Times New Roman font, in font size 12 with line spacing of 1.5 shall be followed.
- For footnotes - the Times New Roman font, In font size 10 with line spacing of 1 shall be followed.
- The Paper should have Foot notes only and not the endnotes.
- Submissions must conform to the Chicago Manual of Style (15th Edition).
- All submissions must be word processed, and compatible with Microsoft Word 2003 and 2007.
- Submissions shall be made to the Editorial Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indian National: 1000 INR
- Students: 750 INR
- Foreign Participants: 100 US$
Mr. Amit Kumar Kashyap
Phone: +91 8128650883
Ms. Jaya Hemnani
Phone: + 918128650883
Gujarat National Law University
Knowledge Corridor, Koba,
Gandhinagar - 382007, Gujarat
Download Information Brochure