Amity Law Review: Call for Papers
Amity Law Review is a biannual referred journal (ISSN 2249-2232) published by Amity Law School, Delhi (affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University). The Amity Law Review serves as a ready reference on various legal issues for the legal fraternity and law students.
Submissions are invited for the next issue of the Journal which will be published in August, 2012. You are requested to kindly contribute articles on contemporary legal issues, notes, case comments or book reviews for the next issue of the Journal by 30th June, 2012.
Manuscripts may be submitted electronically in MS Word (.doc) at email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each submission should contain an abstract of not more than 200 words and a cover page including contact details. Manuscript shall also contain an undertaking that it was not published or accepted for publication elsewhere. Submissions must follow the guidelines provided in the attached document.
- Abstract: All submissions should be accompanied by an abstract of about 200 words outlining the central argument(s) of the paper.
- Copyright: Authors shall warrant that the papers submitted for publication do not infringe the copyright of any other person. Except agreed otherwise, the copyright of the articles published shall vest with the publisher, viz., the Amity Law School, Delhi. However, Amity Law School shall not be liable for any copyright infringement by the authors.
- Cover Page: In order to facilitate anonymity, authors must mention their names, contact details and affiliations only on the cover page of the manuscript.
- English: Follow British spellings and punctuation conventions.
- Font Size and Style: Kindly use Times New Roman, 12 point, for the main text and 10 point for footnotes.
- Headings: The headings should be used as per the following style:
- First heading: 12pt, bold, centre
- Second heading: 12pt, bold, left-aligned
- Third heading: 12 pt, italics, centre
Length: Articles should generally be between 8,000 and 10,000 words (including footnotes). Notes, Case Comments and Book Reviews should be between 3,000 and 5,000 words. The Editors may, however, accept longer submissions in appropriate cases.
Line Spacing: The line spacing of main text of paper should be 1.5.
References: Footnotes should be used and not endnotes.
Footnoting Style for Books and Articles: Books: Name of the author, Title of the book (in italics), Edition (if any), Name of the Publisher, Place of publication, Year, Page no. Articles: Name of the author, Title (in double quotes), Name of the journal, Volume, Year, Page no. (Otherwise the mode of citation provided in the journal itself).
Review Process: All papers will be reviewed anonymously by the Editorial Board. Authors will be notified within 4-6 weeks about the status of their papers. Request for expedited review may not be entertained.
Substance: Papers should contain an original contribution to scholarship by making a cohesive argument supported with appropriate authorities.
Title: The title of paper should be precise but at the same time indicative of its contents. The title must be mentioned both on the cover page and the page thereafter.
Quotations/Quotation Marks: Quotations over 50 words should be indented. Double quotation marks should be used; single quotation marks should be used only for quotes within a quotation.
Complementary Copies: All authors will be provided five complementary copies of the issue in which their paper appears.
Ms. Mini N. Nair,
Amity Law Review,
Amity Law School - Delhi,
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org