NUJS - NUS Summer School Certificate Programme 2012
The W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, in association with the National University of Singapore, is organizing an inaugural Summer Law School Programme which will be conducted in June 2012 at the Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management Campus, Shillong.
This Summer Law School Programme offers the unique opportunity to receive intensive legal training on diverse subjects of global and comparative concerns from academics of international repute and eminence.
The Programme shall include courses on
- Modern Indian Penal Code (2 credits) by Professor Stanley Yeo, NUS,
- Mergers and Acquisitions (2 credits) by Dr. V. Umakanth, NUS,
- Corporate Governance (1 credits) by Dr. V. Umakanth, and
- Comparative Family Law (2 credits) by Dr. Wing Cheong Chan, NUS.
Each two - credit course shall have a total of six four - hour classes and the one - credit course would have 12 teaching hours in total. Students have to complete at least 3 credits for completion of the programme. However, no student shall be permitted to take more than 4 credits.
This Programme shall be held over two weeks from Monday, June 4, 2012 to Saturday, June 16 2012. Accommodation for selected students shall be organized at the Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management Campus, Shillong. It shall be a fully residential programme.
The program is open to outstanding students, enrolled in any 5 - Year LL.B. Programme in India or any comparable programme abroad, and who would have completed their second year studies by May 31, 2012. Students registering for Modern Indian Penal Code must have completed Criminal Law. While there are no prerequisites for the other courses, basic understanding of corporate law would be helpful in partaking the full benefit of the courses on Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Governance.
- Tuition Fees: Rs. 20,000
- Fees for Accommodation and Food: Rs.20, 000.
- The entire fees for the programme would have to be paid at the time of the confirmation of admission.
Applicants are required to mail the completed form, along with:
- A Letter of Recommendation from an academic referee,
- An official statement of their current grades/marks
- A Demand Draft of Rs. 550/ - drawn in favour of "WB NUJS, Kolkata", payable at Kolkata to "The Registrar, W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences, Dr.AmbedkarBhavan, 12, LB Block, Sector III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata."
Applicants are also requested to email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date for receipt of the form and other documents is 2nd April, 2012.
"NUJS - NUS Summer Law School Certificate Programme 2012" must be written in Block Letters on top of the envelope. Selected candidates would be informed of their selection by 10th April, 2012 and they plan to complete the admission for the programme by 22nd April, 2012.
W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences,
Dr.AmbedkarBhavan, 12, LB Block,
Sector III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata