National Seminar on Consumer Activism, Competition and Consumer Protection
The seminar is organized by Center for Consumer Protection Law and Advocacy, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in association with Center for Consumer Studies, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi and supported by Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Government of India on 7th - 8th April, 2012.
Themes for the Seminar:
- Consumer Activism, Consumerism and effect of Globalization
- Competition law and Consumerism
- Intellectual Property Rights, Technology and Consumer protection
- Challenges before Consumer Redressal Mechanism
- Regulatory issues in Consumer Protection
Date: 7th - 8th April, 2012
Call for Papers:
- Seminar papers are invited from legal scholars, bar & bench and law students on emerging areas.
- Papers selected by the RGNUL Committee will be published in the Conference Volume. This is proposed to be published as a book.
- Selected papers of recommended authors would be given an opportunity to present their paper.
Guidelines for Seminar Paper:
- Paper should not be of more than 7000 words and should contain an abstract of 300 - 350 words.
- At the end of the paper, there should be a profile of the author indicating his e-mail ID, contact number and address. Blue Book style should be followed for footnotes.
- The abstract should be sent to the convener at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th February, 2012.
- A hard copy of the single side printed paper along with Registration Form should reach on or before 25th March, 2012 to the Convener at the RGNUL address.
- A soft-copy of the paper along with abstract should also be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. The subject should read 'Consumer Seminar'.
- Selected full paper should reach the convener on or before 25th March 2012.
- The registration form and registration fee by a DD drawn in favour of "Registrar, RGNUL" payable at Patiala should also be attached.
- Registration Fee for students is 800/-.
- Local hospitality with food & accommodation will be provided.
Dr. Anand Pawar,
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law,
Phone: +91-97810 29799