Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College - 1st National Moot Competition 2012
Date: 22nd - 24th February, 2012
Venue: Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College, 3rd Cross, C.S.I Compound, Mission Road, Bangalore-560027
Rules & Regulations:
- All law schools, faculties of law and other institutions recognized by the Bar Council of India, offering a law degree are eligible to participate in the Competition. Only one team is allowed to participate from each law school/ faculties of law/ institutions.
- Only students [presently pursuing a LLB. Course 3 years / 5 years] are eligible to participate.
- A team must consist of a minimum of 02 members and maximum of 03 members - 2 Speakers and 1 Researcher. Any two members of the team may be enlisted/ registered as Speakers. Only registered/ enlisted Speakers shall be permitted to plead in the oral rounds. However, only in the event of unavoidable circumstances, the Researcher will be, subject to the discretion of the administrator be permitted to plead in the oral rounds.
Each team must register itself by sending a duly filled Registration Form along with the required crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 1500/- drawn in favor of BISHOP COTTON WOMEN'S CHIRSTIAN LAW COLLEGE, BANGALORE.
Sending registration forms via e-mail address is highly recommended as the competition shall be limited to the first 20 teams to register. Registration will close at 11.59pm on the 1st February, 2012. A notification will be sent to respective colleges as to whether they are among the first 20 teams.
Each team must prepare a written memorandum in support of the Petitioner/ Appellant's position and the Respondent's position. Eight hard copies, four in favor of the Petitioner/ Appellant and four in favor of the Respondent.
The Memoranda must reach the Administrator no later than the 19th of February, 2011 at the following address: Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College, #19, 3rd Cross, C.S.I Compound, Mission Road, Bangalore - 560027.
Each team must also E-mail a soft copy of their Petitioner's/ Appellant's and Respondent's Memoranda in Microsoft Word 2003/ 2007 format assigning file names Petitioner/ Appellant and Respondent respectively to email@example.com no later than 19th of February, 2012.
- Ramya Jawahar (Student Representative): +91 9945321105
- Keerthana S. (Student Representative): +91 9620182610
Download Moot Problem, Rules, Registration Form