Conference on Changing Facets of Business & Commercial Law
The Army Institute of Law, Mohali is organizing a Conference on Changing Facets of Business & Commercial Law on 18th and 19th February, 2012.
The purpose of this conference is to bring together experts, academicians & professionals from the field of Business & Commercial Law to interact, share ideas and build collegial networks which may facilitate dialogue and research collaborations in the field. In addition to the paper presentations and lectures, there will be interactive discussion panels.
The conference aims to build upon Business & Commercial Law and Practice, exploring issues relating to Competition, Sectoral Regulation, Intellectual Property, Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms etc. The focus will be on policy issues underlying the formulation and implementation of Business & Commercial Law in indigenous and international spheres, in addition to fostering a critical approach to contemporary issues.
The conference also aims at providing a forum for a wide-ranging and in-depth exploration of major issues in Business & Commercial Law confronting the international community. The International community is now entering a new era, one in which a discernible shift has taken place with capital flows and commercial transactions taking place across borders in unprecedented numbers, at unprecedented speed and of unprecedented value.
The two day conference shall comprise of four technical sessions. There will be five papers per panel to give presenters and the audience adequate time for fruitful engagement. We invite contributions for presentation at the conference. Kindly send the abstract (not longer than 400 words) of the paper you propose to present at the conference, along with your name & designation.
The abstracts shall be scrutinized by a panel of experts, and therefore, are required to be e-mailed latest by 6th January, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the ones whose abstracts are selected by the panel of experts shall be allowed to make a presentation at the conference. The confirmation of presentation shall be communicated to the authors of abstracts selected by the panel of experts by 19th January, 2012.
The complete papers to be presented are required be sent by 7th February, 2012.
The following subjects are proposed to be discussed during the conference:
- Recognition and Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in International Commercial Arbitration.
- Mediation & Conciliation
- International Conventions relating to Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Jurisdictional issues in Arbitration
- Regulation of Insider Trading
- Law relating to Foreign Direct Investment
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Criminal Liability
- White Collar Crimes
- Global Capital Flow and Money Laundering
- Double Taxation Avoidance
- Intellectual Property Insurance
- Product and Brand Management
- Intellectual Property Accounting and Valuation
- Intellectual Property Incubation
- Intellectual Property Commercialization
- Intellectual Property Taxation
- Online Intellectual Property Management
- Economic Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
- Evolution of Competition Law in India
- Regulation of Combinations under Competition Law
- International aspects of Competition Law
- Conflict between CCI and sectoral regulators
- Regulation in Power Sector/ Airport/ Securities/ Telecom
- Sectoral Regulation and Consumer interest
AIL Conference Team
Phone: +91 172 5095337
Download Information Brochure, Registration Form