NLS International Arbitration Moot (NLSIAM) 2012
The NLS International Arbitration Moot (NLSIAM) has been organized by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore, annually since 2007-2008. Through this Moot, NLSIU strives to improve the advocacy skills of undergraduate students of law, in the dynamic and contemporary fields of the law of arbitration and commercial law. Over the course of four days, participants engage in several rounds of pleadings, conducted before a simulated Arbitral Tribunal consisting practitioners, academics and judges.
Over the past four years, the NLSIAM has attracted participation from a host of law schools around the country, and has witnessed an increasing international participation. In presenting their arguments to a simulated Arbitral Tribunal, participants are exposed to the unique nature of the conduct of arbitral proceedings, as also faced with contemporary issues of commercial and international law.
This year, as we move towards the 5th edition of the NLSIAM, we hope to provide participants with a very real taste of international commercial arbitration arena by arguing against teams from different jurisdictions and legal cultures, and before arbitrators and practitioners with first-hand experience of these matters. This year, we have increased the registration cap to 50 institutions, to accommodate the greatest number of teams, both from India and abroad, thus further expanding and improving this unique competition in India.
- Release of the Moot Problem and Batch I of Basic Materials: 5th January, 2012
- Last date for registrations: 1st February, 2012.
- Last Date for Clarifications: 10th February, 2012
- Release of Batch II of Basic Materials: 25th February, 2012
- Submission of Memorials: 5 PM, Indian Standard Time, 15th March, 2012.
- Oral Rounds at NLS, Bangalore: 5th-8th, April, 2012.
All participating students are directly registered for the NLSIAM Conference. The last date for registration is 1st February, 2012. Also note that this year's edition will have a cap of fifty institutions.
For provisional registration, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
- Raag Yadava (Convenor, NLSIAM 2012): +91 953826 3136
- Shreya Aren (Executive Member, Convening Committee, NLSIAM 2012): +91 991655 7756
- Dheer Bhatnagar (Executive Member, Convening Committee, NLSIAM 2012): +91 998653 8654
- Aditya Vikram Singh (Executive Member, Convening Committee, NLSIAM 2012): +91 934304 5024
Moot Court Society
Bangalore - 560242, Karnataka, INDIA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Download Registration Form