National Seminar on "Judiciary, Ethics and Justice Delivery in India"
The National Law University, Orissa in collaboration with the Institute of Objective Studies, New Delhi is organizing a national seminar on "Judiciary, Ethics and Justice Delivery in India".
The seminar aims to investigate the dynamic between judiciary, ethics and justice delivery in India. Any attempt to analyze this interactional pattern must contend with the fact that the Indian Judicial system derives its structure and norms from the Justice Administration System of the United Kingdom.
The seminar will include plenary addresses, oral and poster parallel session. The topic of the Seminar includes:
- Last Date for Submission of Abstracts: 1st December, 2011
- Intimation of selected abstracts to the authors: 7th December, 2011
- Last Date for submission of research paper: 10th January, 2012.
- Dates of presentation/seminar: 21st and 22nd January, 2011
Details to be mentioned In the Abstract/Paper:
- Judicial Accountability: Practices and Perspective
- Constitutional Morality, Indian Judiciary & Accountability
- Assessing the performance of the Judges: Search for yardsticks
- Judicial appointments: Structural and functional reform
- Name, affiliation, e-mail address, phone number of the presenting author.
- Name and details of the second author (if any).
- Preferred type of presentation for main Seminar (poster or oral or either).
- Title of the paper, Paper text Times New Roman, font size 12, Line Spacing 1.5.
- Paper can be based any of the above sub-themes.
- The abstract should be within 500 words.
Mode of Submission of Research Paper:
All research Papers must be submitted electronically via Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
in the format mention above. No research article will be entertained through surface mail or
air mail in hard copy or soft copy (CD). It is mandatory to mention E-mail on your research
article, as all correspondence will be performed through it only.
Sub-Headings of Research Paper:
Mode of Citation:
Full length papers (7,000-8,000 words) must be divided into following sub-headings: Title,
Author(s) Name with official Address, Abstract, Key Words, Introduction/ Hypothesis,
Objectives, Material and Methods / Methodology, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, and/Recommendations, Acknowledgement (if any) and references. Furthermore, references
should be numbered sequentially as 1, 2, 3, etc. in order of their citation in the text. The
length of the article should not exceed 8,000 words including abstract and footnotes.
Registration and Accommodation:
- Footnotes should conform to the 19th edition of The Bluebook.
- Footnotes should be double-spaced
- Registration for the seminar will be on the spot on the day of the seminar.
- Free accommodation will be provided to participants on first-cum-first serve basis
subject to the availability of the same on the part of the organizers.
- Food will be provided to all the participants for the duration of the seminar without
- Travel expenses will have to be borne by the participants.
Dr. Afroz Alam (Organizing Secretary) - +91-943-830-3041
Sarita Rout (Student Convenor - 'Colloquium Opus') - +91-889-521-2822
Download Information Brochure