4th International Conference on Environmental Law, Governance and Sustainable Development
School of Legal Studies, K.R Mangalam University, Gurugram, Haryana in collaboration with International Council of Jurists, London and Law Mantara Trust, New Delhi is going to organize the 4th International Conference on Environmental Law, Governance and Sustainable Development.
Date: 17th - 18th November, 2022
Venue: Moot Court Hall, School of Legal Studies, K.R. Mangalam University, Sohna Road, Gurugram
Conference Mode: Blended
The year 2022 marks a number of important anniversaries in the development of environmental law: the 50th anniversary of the Stockholm Declaration on the Human Environment and the establishment of UNEP in 1972, the 40th anniversary of the United Nations Convention on the Seas and the 30th anniversary Rio Declaration. on environment and development and the Rio conventions: UNFCCC, (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) UNCBD (United Nation Convention on Biological Diversity) and UNCCD (he United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification).
These anniversaries are an excellent opportunity to consider the role of law in bringing about the dramatic reforms required to address the environmental crises of climate change, environmental degradation, and pollution.
This conference will look into the ability of law, on an international, regional, and national level, to promote the systemic reforms that are required across all sectors and levels. It invites critical submissions on the sufficiency, effectiveness, legitimacy, and fairness of current law or litigation in light of climate change, environmental degradation, and pollution concerns. "Can the challenges be overcome using the legal means available?" is a key question to consider. It will look into the potential and new legal tools available, as well as the limitations and flaws of legal solutions to those difficulties. The conference aims to bring together cutting-edge academic legal thinking and practice on how to enhance, advance, amend, or reform legal tools. What is required of the law in order for it to serve as a catalyst for transformational change? The conference will focus on a thorough examination of environmental legislation. Human rights law, trade and investment law, commercial law, criminal law, civil law, outer space law, and other disciplines of law, among others, play a significant role in altering society to solve crucial environmental concerns.
Objectives and Aim for the Conference:
The goal of this conference is to bring together governments, business leaders, environmental educators, academics, and practitioners to share expertise and learn from one another about how to improve the implementation and application of international environmental rule of law in India and beyond. It will also serve as a hub for sharing and exchanging information on the resources, skills, approaches, and methodologies required to equip students and future environmental administrators in the region with the legal and governance skills necessary to advance the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relating to climate action, green growth, and energy for all.
Call for Papers:
We invite empirical work / research articles, theoretical papers, research reports, case studies andresearch ideas for presentation at the conference as per the sub- themes given below: -
- International Water Law and SDG 6: Reinforcing Paradigm
- Sustainable Energy for All: Interface Between Law, Policy and Government
- Ecology Integrity as a Grund norm of International Law
- Institutions and Approaches in Environmental law and Cooperative Remedies for Natural Disaster Risk
- Green Constitution
- Public Participation in Environmental Decision Making: A Legal Approach
- Relationship Between International Trade and Environment
Selection of papers for presentation will be based on abstracts. An abstract must include a clear indication of the purpose of research, methodology, major results, implications and key references. They should adhere to the following:
- Abstract & full paper must contain the name of the author/s, complete address, e-mail id and mobile number. The abstract should not exceed 350 words including the title and references.
- Citations and references should comply with the ILI for referencing. For details on ILI referencing style, please visit http://www.ili.ac.in/footnoting12.pdf.
- Submission must be in MS-Word format (no other format will be accepted) with all four sides 1 inch margin. Should be typed in Times New Roman with font size of 12. Paper title in 14 (Bold) and all sub-headings in 12 (Bold) and line spacing at 1.5.
- Submit abstract/full paper via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full paper must include a clear indication of the purpose of research, methodology, major results, and its implications. It should not exceed 3500 words.
- Foreign Participants: US $18 - per paper
- Corporate Delegates: Rs.1500/- per paper
- Academicians: Rs.1200/- per paper
- Research Scholars & Students: Rs. 750 /- per paper
E-certificate will be issued only for registered participants
Receipt of Abstract of the paper:
10th October, 2022
Acceptance of the Abstract Notification:
12th October, 2022
Registration close date:
30th October, 2022
Receipt of full paper:
12th November, 2022
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org