IALM - Certificate Course in Goods & Services Tax
The Certificate Course in Goods & Services Tax is offered by Indian Academy of Law & Management.
Goods and Service Tax (GST) was introduced on July 1, 2017, and it subsumed indirect taxes levied by the Central Government (such as Central Excise Duty, Service Tax, Central Sales Tax, Countervailing Duty instead of Excise Duty, and special additional duty of customs) and by the State Government (VAT, entry tax and Octroi). Today if you want to/ need to know the indirect tax regime of India, it is essential to at the least understand the fundamental concepts of GST. The other important indirect tax levied by the Government is Customs Duty (on import and export of goods); however, this course does not cover Customs Duty.
Instructor: Mr. Dinesh Jotwani
Maximum duration to complete the Course: 2 months
This course explains the fundamental concepts of GST. After doing this course, students will be able to:
- Study transactions and critically analyze whether they constitute a 'supply' liable to GST;
- Determine the place of supply of goods and place of supply of services, time of supply, and value of supply;
- Know eligibility of credit under GST regime, conditions for availing such credit, and mechanism of utilization thereof;
- Understand key aspects of GST compliances like tax deduction at source, tax collection at source, return filing, and e-waybill;
- Understand GST assessment, audit, appellate, and review proceedings; and
- Learn about the anti-profiteering framework under GST.
Note: The above is an illustrative list and not exhaustive of the concepts covered in this course. This course is highly recommended for law students, individuals who aim to be tax practitioners, individuals who aim to be employed in tax teams of companies (or any other business entity), litigants as well as any person who is interested in understanding how GST works.
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
- Taxation Manager: In almost every company, a taxation manager is available who takes care of taxes, especially GST which is necessary for a recognised organisation. A taxation manager has skills that how the GST portal works, good drafting skills, and good knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
- Taxation Research Analyst: An analyst has a thorough knowledge of all provisions of GST, Industry based analysis, and Practical implementation.
- Reconciliations: One is a master in Microsoft excel, GSTN portal, GST compliances GST Legal practice: One has strong representation skills, drafting skills, and knowledge of litigation trends.
- GST Practitioner: GST law allows a GST practitioner to perform certain functions for the taxpayers. GST Trainer: GST is included in the syllabus of most universities. Many professionals also get GST training to get leverage in their careers. This opens a new area to try your chance. GST-qualified professionals can try training and teaching.
- Accountant: Preparing and maintaining important financial reports. Preparing tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time. Evaluating financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help organizations run efficiently.
- Chartered Accountant: The role of a Chartered Accountant is having the proper and complete knowledge of the GST, which is required to advise the organisation owners to work on the business. For the tax planning and advising the directors, a careful study of GST is a must and all professionals should be updated on a daily basis so they are aware of each and every happening in the economy.
Rs. 7,500/- (Several Payment Options Available: Credit & Debit Cards, Cheque, Demand Draft, Cash, Wire Transfer - NEFT, PAYTM)
Other Important Information:
- Online Evaluation Method:
- Based on "Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)" and an "Assignment Submission" of 500 words.
- The score of the online examination will be taken as the final result and Grade will be assigned as per the following scheme:
- Grade A - 80-100, Grade B - 65-79, Grade C - 50-64, Reattempt - Below 50.
Each IALM course starts immediately after payment. Students can register online for the course at any time. Upon payment of fees and registration, the present Course will start immediately
Indian Academy of Law & Management