Essay Writing Competition by Delhi University and NLSIU, Bangalore
The Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi is organizing an Essay Writing Competition in collaboration with the Centre for Environmental Law, Education, Research & Advocacy at NLSIU, Bangalore, under the aegis of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
About the Competition:
With the aim of understanding the plight of street women and children and creating awareness and empathy in society, DU and NLSIU present the Essay Writing Competition. This competition endeavours to stimulate interest and foster growth amongst students from all domains to understand the contemporary struggles of street women and children.
This competition is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students from all disciplines. Submissions from Academicians, Regulators, Policy Makers, Research Scholars, and NGOs are also accepted.
- Temporary Dwellings: A Problem or a Solution?
- Slum-free cities - Solutions and Strategies
- Every participant can submit ONLY ONE essay on any one of the given themes.
- Co-authorship is not permitted. Each entry should be an original and unpublished essay, either in English or Hindi.
- The word limit is between 1500-3000 words, including footnotes.
- Entries must be formatted in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 spacing.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with 1.0 line spacing.
- Endnotes are not allowed. The writings must conform to the "Indian Law Institute, Rules of Footnoting".
- Authors may visit the freely accessible website of the Indian Law Institute.
- Every essay must clear anti-plagiarism checks and be supported by a bona fide certificate, duly signed by the Registrar / Vice-Chancellor or other Appropriate Authority.
Registration Fees is INR 500 /-
How to Submit?
- The essay must be submitted in doc./docx. format along with bona fide certificate and screenshot of successful fee payment via google form before 4th September, 2022.
- The template for Bonafide Certificate is here:
The last date for submission is 4th September, 2022.
Ms. Vanshika Mittal
Ms. Megha Kedia