Legal Article/Essay Writing Competition
ASA Legal is organizing a legal article/essay writing competition in the months of July and August and is making a call for submission for the same.
About the Essay Competition:
Law is one of the most important tools of our society. It is an element that has the power to transform and convert people into intelligent and special beings. A Nation/society is incomplete without a proper set of laws. The key to a successful and standard society is a firm, strong and fair code of laws that provides equality and justice to all the citizens of the country.
Law is known to be a very dynamic and evolving field that keeps changing every day. To keep up with such a magnetic and enterprising field, one needs to have an open mind always. Law requires deep research and vast interpretation on a regular basis. The organizers are in search of participants who are willing to bring an evolution by providing a greater interpretation and analysis of contemporary legal topics. Hence, ASA Legal is pleased to announce an Article/ Essay writing competition on contemporary legal topics.
While there are no rigid thematic constraints, the article should be related to trending legal issues-national or international. The expectation is that the submitted article will provide informed perspective, critical thinking, and new insight to the readers.
Submissions on a wide variety of topics are encouraged, analyzing policy decisions, proposing legislative reforms, and promoting discussions in a diverse range of contemporary issues relevant to, but not limited to, the areas of:
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Law
- Insolvency And Bankruptcy Code
- Arbitration Dispute Resolution
- Environmental Law
- Pros And Cons Of Virtual / Online Courts
- Defenses In Cheque Bounce Matters
- Intellectual Property (Patent, Trademark, Copyright, Design Acts, Piracy Etc.)
- Money-Recovery Matters
- Declaration And Injunction Suits / Writs
- Corporate Law
- Competition Law
- Taxation Law
- Securities Law
- Banking Law
- Limitation Act
- Matrimonial Laws ( Divorce/ Child Adoption/ Domestic Violence Act/ Maintenance/ Sec 498a And 406 Ipc Etc)
- The word limit for the manuscripts is a minimum of 2000 words.
- Kindly note that the word limit is exclusive to footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is highly advised.
- No submissions will be accepted if sent to any other email address.
- There is a submission/publication fee of INR 500 which will be paid through the link below.
- The maximum number of co-authors permitted is one.
- Multiple entries are allowed whereas for the prize only one blog by an author or co-author will be selected.
- All the Submissions should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The manuscript submitted by the author(s) must adhere to the following font styles:
- The manuscript submitted must be typed in Times New Roman.
- The line spacing must be 1.5.
- The font size of the title is 14, *Headings - Size12 - Bold and underlined - Justified
- Body text: Size 12
- The text should be justified.
- Citation Style: The author(s) are requested to provide the link to the sources which have been cited by them in the main body and are required to follow the OSCOLA citation method (4th edition).
- The citations should be in Numeric Form, Font Times New Roman, Size 10, and in single line spacing.
- Endnotes are not to be used.
- Authors are requested to give an undertaking that the manuscripts submitted are original pieces of work and have not been plagiarized nor have been published or are in consideration for publishing in any other places.
- The body of the manuscript should not contain any personal details of the author(s), so as to enable anonymous screening and peer-review.
- The subject of the email should be in the following format: "ASA legal Submission - Article Name".
Note: Kindly adhere to the aforementioned guidelines. Any alternate form of formatting is not necessary. Failure to follow the above-mentioned points may result in disqualification.
- Registration fee: INR 500
- Click on the link and fill out the google form given at the below and make the payment send a screenshot of the payment to email@example.com. Further details will be emailed.
Last date to Registration:
20th August, 2022
Last date of Submissions:
30th August, 2022