E-International Seminar on Protection of Women and Children Rights: Issues and Challenges
Law Mantra Trust in association with the Indian Law Institute - New Delhi, Maharashtra National Law University - Nagpur, Maharashtra National Law University - Aurangabad and SRM University - Sonepat is going to organize the One Day E-International Seminar on "Protection of Women and Children Rights: Issues and Challenges".
Date: 23rd July, 2022
The twenty- first century increasingly marks the free movement of merchandise andcapital across national boundaries, with all countries bound together by global markets. The rapid growth of private capital flows over the past decade, presents anopportunity for poor and developing countries to access a global pool of savings,technology and management skills; but at the same time it presents new policychallenges in terms of securing sustainable development and poverty reduction.
Globalization has powerful economic, political, cultural and social dimensions as, onone hand, it has opened up enormous opportunities; but on the other hand, it hasnot been able to spread these opportunities equitably among all social strata.
Thishas resulted, in several cases and especially in developing countries, in a renunciationof state responsibility or the retreat of the state from the provision of public servicetowards the welfare of its disadvantaged citizens like women and children.
There is a clear need to examine globalization and its impact from a women andchild rights perspective. This special issue will critically re-examine the currenttheory, law, policy and practice of women and child rights and the potential formore women and child sensitive globalization. There is in particular the need toconsider the potential for concurrent action on domestic and international fronts,comprising policy changes, specific child- focused programmes, and child sensitivelaws and initiatives. In this respect the Convention constitutes a benchmark, yet it isalso necessary to question whether the Convention and its implementation producesocial justice for children.
To provide a platform for stakeholder like organizations working in international and national level, legislatures, civil societies, researchers, practitioners, academicians, activists and policy makers to deliberate and discuss on what is required to build strategies and to address the constraints in inclusive practices towards betterment of the society.
- Promotion of international, comparative and global research, advocacy, lawreform and policy initiatives on women and child rights;
- Opening up a global discussion on children, development and governance from a child rights perspective;
- Research, advocacy, education and policy engagement on women and childright;
- To bring together researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to discussproblems, disseminate learning, and share international lessons - learned,existing policy research, and studies on various social protection schemeswhich, in particular, impact women and children.
Who should attend?
- Students, Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians, Corporate Delegates, Business entities, Lawyers.
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee welcomes original papers, relating to, but not limited to the following topics:
- Child Protection Laws in India.
- Child Protection Laws and Role of NHRC and other agencies.
- Specific issues with regard to protection of children in India.
- Protection of Children: International Laws framework.
- Sexual Harassment at Work Place.
- Women empowerment and domestic violence.
- Cyber Space and Women.
- Reproductive Technologies and Rights of Women.
- Eve- teasing, Molestation, Sexual Abuse and Rape.
Note: Above mentioned topics are not exhaustive but other topics can be also accommodated if it's in line with agriculture law.
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts:
- Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted.
- The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant, Official Designation/Institution Details, Address and Email id, Title of Abstract
- Submit your abstract to email@example.com
Guidelines for Paper Submission:
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author's names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font;
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi Style;
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the Author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 Minimum Keywords;
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected;
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra;
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in single column layout with margins justified on both sides;
- The length of paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and should not exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes).
- Student: Rs. 700/-
- Faculty / Professional / Research Scholar / Other: Rs 1000/-
- Foreign Participants: Nil
Note: Both Author and Co-Author have to register seperately.
Submission of Abstract:
10th July, 2022
Confirmation of Abstract Selection:
12th July, 2022
18th July, 2022
Submission of Draft Paper (Proposed Paper):
21st July, 2022
23rd July, 2022
Submission of Final Paper:
30th August, 2022
Publication of Selected Paper:
By March, 2023
Law Mantra Office