VIT School of Law - Admission 2022
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to 5 year Integrated B.A. LL.B. and B.B.A. LL.B. and 1 year LL.M. programme at VIT School of Law for the academic year 2022-23.
- B.A. LL.B. - 5 year Integrated Programme
- B.B.A. LL.B. - 5 year Integrated Programme
- LL.M. in (International Law and Development) - 1 year Programme
- LL.M. in (Intellectual Property Laws) - 1 year Programme
- LL.M. in (Corporate Laws) - 1 year Programme
B.A. LL.B. / B.B.A. LL.B. - 5 year Integrated Programme:
- A pass in any stream with a minimum overall aggregate of 60% in the qualifying Examination
- In case, applicants belong to SC / ST community or hail from Jammu and Kashmir / Ladakh and the North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, 10% relaxation is provided (i.e. 50% minimum aggregate as per the condition, in the qualifying examination).
- Valid CLAT / LSAT Score is mandatory for admission.
- Merit list is prepared based on merit performance in 10+2
- The merit list applicants will be called for counselling
- The fact that an applicant has qualified and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission to him / her. This depends upon the performance in the Group Discussion / Personal Interview and the availability of seats
- Selection list will be prepared based on the marks secured in Higher Secondary School Examination, and the performance in Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
LL.M. - 1 year Programme:
- The minimum qualification is any Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized University with minimum of 55% marks.
The selection of students to VIT School of Law for LL.M Course shall be based solely on merit of the candidate determined by All India Admission Test (AIAT) conducted in VIT Chennai Campus or any other All India Admission Test equivalent thereto (PG CLAT, AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) for LL.M and Delhi University LL.M Entrance Test)
- The AIAT conducted by VIT shall have the following parts:
- Part I - Proficiency in English, General Knowledge, Analytical, Reasoning and Aptitude to do research
- Part II - Objective type questions covering all compulsory law subjects prescribed by the BCI for the undergraduate law programme.
- Part III - Interview
- Weightage of the three parts as follows:
- Part I - 40%
- Part II - 40%
- Interview - 20% (will focus on work experience, publication, and statement of purpose, etc.)
- Those who have got score cards of PG CLAT, AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) for LL.M and Delhi University LL.M Entrance Test may seek admission for LL.M in VITSOL by registering themselves and appearing for the interview at VIT Chennai Campus along with AIAT selected candidates on appointed date.
- If an applicant is waiting for qualifying degree result and cleared all the previous examinations, a provisional registration may be offered.
- In case the provisionally admitted candidate fails to submit the qualifying degree results before the registration of the first semester courses, the provisional registration shall stand cancelled.
Apply online through Netbanking / Debit card / Credit card / PayTM mode. There is NO printed OMR application form.
Steps to be followed:
- Register Yourself (Click on New applicant)
- Verify your registered email address for the OTP received from VIT
- Once OTP is validated, a password will be sent to your registered email address (secure this email address and password till the completion of the admissions)
- Fill the application form through online mode using Netbanking / Debit card / Credit card / PayTM
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 950/- . The application cost is non-refundable.
- Upload the required documents mentioned below on the application portal
- Copy of Age proof certificate / Aadhar Card
- Copy of XII Hall Ticket (for result awaited applicants)
- Copy of XII Mark Statement (of all appearances)
- Copy of valid CLAT / LSAT Score card
Director, UG Admissions
VIT - Vellore Campus
VIT, Vellore - 632014, Tamil Nadu
Director, PG Admissions
VIT, Vellore - 632014
Phone : +91-416-2202188, +91-416-2202050
Deputy Director (Admissions)
VIT - Chennai Campus
Vandalur Kelambakkam Road,
Chennai - 600127