Summer School on Human Rights
South URAL State University in association with University of Maribor is going to organize the Summer School on Human Rights
Date: 6th - 20th June, 2022
Interested in Learning About Human Rights?
The two week-long advance course focuses on the major features of Human Rights Law at domestic as well as International Law. Human rights are the basic rights and freedom that belong to every person in the world, from birth to death. These rights apply regardless of where you are from, what you believe, or how you choose to live your life. They can never be taken away, although they can sometimes be restricted - for example, if a person breaks the law, or in the interests of national security. But sadly, due to the increasing number of inequalities, and since these basic rights are based on shared values like dignity, fairness, equality, respect, and independence, there arises another problem of providing legal aid to everyone. The summer school will begin with historical and philosophical bases of Human Rights and then explore Human Rights documents and mechanisms for the promotion and protection of Human Rights at the international and regional levels.
Aim of the Course:
The aim of the course is to provide a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of international human rights law.
Mode of Teaching:
Special attention will be paid to contemporary challenges to human rights in a globalized world. The summer school will feature the world's best professors and human rights lawyers who will not just deliver lectures but also use discussion, jigsaw group, fishbowl approach, and tabula rasa pedagogy of teaching. The Summer School will be interactive and will enable the participants to discuss and ask all their queries pertaining to human rights.
Assignment & Certificate:
The summer school will consist of various assignments and course completion exams. All students scoring more than 50% marks in exams and assignments will be awarded certificates of summer school.
Course Outcomes (COS):
- To appreciate the role of Human Rights Law in the society
- To understand the importance of Human Rights Law on the Regional, National & International Level
- To figure out the forums and procedures of law in case of any Human Rights Law violations.
Summer School Sessions:
- Historical development of Human Rights
- Civil and Political Right, Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, Third Generation Human Rights Solidarity Rights
- International Mechanism of Implementation of Human Rights
- Regional Mechanism of Implementation of Human Rights, Human Trafficking, forced prostitution, child labor, enforced disappearance, Migrant workers, differently able people, etc
- Contemporary challenges to the Human Rights digital world
- Human Rights and Artificial intelligence
- Human Rights and sustainable development
- Students from India and Commonwealth Nations: 5000 INR
- Professionals from India and Commonwealth nations: 7000 INR
- International Students: US $100
- International Professionals: US $150
For this course, you are required to upload the following documents when applying:
Mr. Sanidhya Kulshreshtha