Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) - 2022
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes offered by 22 National Law Universities around the country.
Date of CLAT 2022 Examination: 8th May, 2022 (3 P.M. to 5 P.M.)
Theparticipating National Law Universities are:
The following National Law Universities offer admission to law programs based on CLAT 2022 score.
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad
- NALSAR University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLU) Tiruchirappalli
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam
- National Law University (NLUJ), Jodhpur
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA), Assam
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Odisha
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- Dharmashastra National Law University (DNLU), Jabalpur
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University (DBRANLU), Sonepat
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2022.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April, 2022 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2022 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component / section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2022 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories and Forty-Five percent (45%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April / May 2022 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2022.
- Tie Breaker Rule : In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
- Application fees can be paid online only.
- Application fee for General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC / ST / BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT 2022 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after candidates choose the mode of payment.
- Application Fees is non-refundable.
|Start of Applications:
||1st January, 2022
|Last date for submission of CLAT 2022:
||31st March, 2022
|Release of Admit card:
||About 2 weeks before exam
|CLAT 2022 Examination:
||8th May, 2022
CLAT Consortium of National Law Universities
P.O. Bag 7201, Nagarbhavi,
Bangalore - 560072