Webinar on "Opening the Mediation Framework in India - Analysing the Draft Indian Mediation law from a Domestic and International Lens"
A round table discussion about the draft Mediation law of India and how effective it is for catering cross border mediation in India and how domestic and international business community would look at India. The panellists will analyse the basis of the Singapore Convention and the UNCITRAL Model law and how a domestic mediation law could be helpful for the parties to resolve disputes by way of mediation.
Date: 15th December, 2021
Time: 16.00 - 17.30 (Indian Standard time - UTC +5.30)
Mode: The webinar will be conducted in Zoom Platform
- Justice Madan B. Lokur, Former Judge of the Supreme Court of India and former Chairman of the Mediation & Conciliation Project Committee of the Supreme Court
- Justice M.L. Mehta, Former Judge of the High Court of Delhi and founder chairman of the Delhi Dispute Resolution Society (DDRS), an autonomous registered government society within the Law and Justice Department of the Government of India
- Prof. Nadja Alexander, Director of the Singapore International Dispute Resolution Academy
- Mr. Jae Sung Lee, Legal Officer UNCITRAL and Secretary Working Group of Dispute Settlement, Vienna
- Mr. Anil Xavier, President of Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation and Chairman of APCAM
The webinar will be moderated by Ms. Iram Majid, Director of Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation and Executive Director of APCAM.
- Meeting ID: 840 9964 5262
- Passcode: 151221
Executive Director IIAM
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org