E-International Seminar on Data Protection and Data Privacy
Law Mantra Trust in association with the Indian Law Institute - New Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law - Punjab, Maharashtra National Law University - Nagpur and the Advanced Centre on Research, Development & Training in Cyber Law & Forensics at National Law School of India University - Bangalore is going to organize the one day E-International Seminar on Data Protection and Data Privacy.
Date: 18th December, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned into a global emergency, with terrible implications in terms of human life and economic decline. This lethal disease and its economic consequences have wreaked havoc on each and every section of the society. During the pandemic, government officials and businesses had to strike a balance between two competing priorities: public health and personal privacy. Some actions aimed at limiting the virus's transmission and maybe saving lives may have major human-rights consequences.
While many public-health authorities do not necessitate data collecting, others may infringe on privacy concerns for people. Government authorities and businesses may find themselves on the horns of a dilemma, contemplating ways to stop the virus from spreading but also severely restricting the rights and freedoms of the people whose lives they aim to safeguard. This call for the need to formulate stringent Data Privacy Laws so that the sensitive personal data collected is safeguarded.
The Seminar aims to examine and analyze the Data Protection and Data Privacy in today's times. The International Seminar will be attended by various international delegates and speakers as also representatives from the national Diaspora representing the stakeholders in the digital ecosystem and alive web. These would include representatives from the Central Government & State Governments, various Ministries, Law Enforcement Agencies, Police, Business, Information Technology, Corporate Sector, Academicians, Scholars, Service Providers, International Organizations and distinguished thought leaders.
To provide a platform for stake holders like organizations working in international and national level, legislatures, civil societies, researchers, practitioners, academicians, activists and policy makers to deliberate and discuss on what is required to build strategies and to address the constraints in inclusive practices towards betterment of the society.
Call for Papers:
The organizing committee welcomes original papers, relating to, but not limited to the following topics:
- Data Breach and Risk Analysis
- Role of Intermediaries & Data Repositories and their Liability in the Case Data Breaches.
- Media Intrusions and the Privacy Challenges - Legal Dynamics
- Frameworks for Data Protection in India: The J.A.P. Shah "Report of the Group of Experts on Privacy"
- India and the EU: The Privacy Debate
- Governmental Schemes, Data Protection, and Security
- Contracts and Data Protection in India
- Cyber Security in India
- Surveillance and Cyber Security
- Judicial Interpretation of Data Protection and Privacy in India
- Analysis of International Data Protection Rules / Regulations
- Emerging Concerns towards Data Security and Privacy
- Data Localization and Cross-Border Data Transfers
Note: These themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme.
Who should attend?
Students, Research Scholars / Faculties / Academicians, Corporate Delegates, Business Entities and Lawyers
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts:
- Abstract (of about 250 words) should be send as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted.
- The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract: Name of the Participant, Official Designation / Institution Details, Address and Email id, Title of Abstract.
- Submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered, font size 12 pt. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and font size 12 pt. Author's names should be in small capitals and centered, font size 12 pt. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt;
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi Style;
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the Author(s) and address, designation, Institution / affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 minimum Keywords;
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected;
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra;
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- The paper should be typed in MS Word format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in single column layout with margins justified on both sides;
- The length of paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and should not exceed more than 10,000 (including Footnotes).
- Student: Rs. 500/-
- Faculty / Professional / Research Scholar / Other: Rs. 700/-
- Registration Fee for Foreign Participants: Nil
Note: Both Author and Co-Author have to register seperately.
|Submission of Abstract:
||2nd Novemeber, 2021
|Confirmation of Abstract Selection:
||4th Novemeber, 2021
||20th Novemeber, 2021
|Submission of Paper in Proposed Form:
||15th December, 2021
||18th Decemeber, 2021
|Submission of Final Paper:
||12th January, 2021
|Publication of Selected Paper:
||By Decemeber, 2022