Certificate Workshop for Expertise on POSH
As a capacity building exercise and with a mission to update and train Internal Committee (IC) members about their role & responsibilities and the important elements of the compliance under the POSH Act, POSH Law is pleased to conduct a one day Certificate Program on 24th September, 2021. As several IC members have also requested to be assessed based on the workshop, for those looking for assessment, we are also conducting a test & follow up session on 25th September, 2021.
Date: 24th - 25th September, 2021
The program, among other things, will broadly focus on:
- What if complaints are raised against outsiders (strangers or employees of other organizations)? - Tracking respondents with respect to online instances
- Can transgender persons complaint? Does Transgender Persons Law have any role? Can parties be of same gender?
- Sexual Harassment vs. Sex Discrimination: is there a difference?
- What does a workplace mean? Does it cover electronic communications? Does it cover unofficial employee gathering?
- Recording statements and summarizing statements: Method and tips
- What if parties and IC members speak different languages?
- Timelines and meeting timelines - What if the parties or IC members suffer from COVID or technical challenges? Can 90 days period be overlooked?
- Can IC take any steps if there is no evidence or a 'He' said 'She' said scenario?
All the above will be discussed with the help of mock complaint and response and recent case laws.
Who should attend?
This is a course for getting expertise on the Law. It is especially beneficial to those employees (in the role of HR, legal, ethics & compliance or any other) and individuals who are acting as IC members or External member on IC of other companies. This is also helpful for managers wanting to understand compliance requirements under law, conduct training within their organization or outside and wanting to know technicalities around handling complaints so that they can provide appropriate support to IC members.
Top 5 Reasons why you should attend?
- Courts have come out with many updates recently and have provided clarity on several aspects that were unclear to IC members. For example:
- If there is lack of documentary evidence or no witness, can sole testimony of complainant be relied upon?
- What is IC's responsibility if the complaint is regarding discrimination based on sex? Does this fall under sexual harassment?
- What does the term 'workplace' include? - This is especially relevant given the lockdown and work from home
- Can IC give its views on internal policies (other than POSH) and choices of an employee?
- We shall be having a discussion around all of these and more.
- We have conducted 35+ open workshops over the years. We conducted 3 programs last year - short duration, full day training with mock & assessment and full day advanced training with live mock inquiry - Hence, we have a thorough experience of handling challenges arising from different industries and background and those will speak during the program.
- When COVID-19 hit, several changes were made to the inquiry process and IC members grappled with a new set of challenges - over the last one year, we have been able to identify them and provide solutions - these will also be discussed during the program.
- Courts are also interpreting role of IC members and levying penalties on employers so it's important to know the do's and don'ts.
- We will not only discuss the legal aspects but also psychological aspects and finer nuances that could be grey areas and arise as practical challenges. This will ensure that you are able to contribute more effectively with fuller knowledge and holistic understanding. Further, the program will be attended by participants from different industries and their experience sharing will lead to collaborative learning & networking.
Who will conduct the program?
The program will be conducted by us - who are POSH experts and the entire firm's experience is to deal with such concerns. With over 350+ clients and workshops done for over 1.5 lakhs individuals - our experience will speak in the workshop.
- INR 5,000/- plus taxes for the Capacity Building & Certificate Program on 24th September, 2021 (Certificate of Participation will be issued to Delegates)
- INR 10,000/- plus taxes for those going through assessment and follow up session on 25th September, 2021 (Certificate of Completion will be issued to Delegates)
|Post the workshop, Assessment questions will be shared:
||24th September, 2021
||5:00 PM - 5:30 PM
|You will be required to take the test anytime between 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm on 24th September, 2021 (The test will take about 30 - 45 mins). Results will then be analyzed by POSH at Work Team:
||24th September, 2021
||5:30 PM - 10.30 PM
|There will be a Q&A to discuss the Assessment. Thereafter, the Certificate will be given:
||25th September, 2021
||12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Awfis Space Solutions
(Empanelled with Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India)
Poddar Chambers, Mathuradas Mill Compound
Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel
Mumbai - 400013
Download Program Schedule