National Policy Drafting Competition
The National Service Scheme Unit in association with the Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam is going to organize the National Policy Drafting Competition (VICHAAR)
About the Competition:
Policy drafting and policy formulation are regarded as the primary step of any planning process for development. Participation of citizens while drafting a policy is very pertinent, especially in a democracy like ours as it is believed that the democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people.
In order to inculcate a sense of participation in policy making among the youth, the National Service Scheme Unit of the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam in association with the Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the University have come up with a policy making and drafting competition. The National Policy Drafting Competition - (VICHAAR) is the first of its kind that is being organised by any institution of the north eastern part of our country. The purpose behind holding this competition is to evoke the youth to enhance their creativity and bring out myriad solutions on some timeless and some contemporary issues given below:
- Reviving Start-ups Post Covid-19 Pandemic
- Control of Domestic Violence
- Developing J&K and Ladakh
- Mental Health and Care
- Inter-State Conflict Resolution
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Implementation of the Farm Laws
- The Policy Drafting competition is open for all the students, academicians, lawyers and all others who wish to contribute in policy making.
- Those participants who wish to get the certificate along with the names of their respective institutions, must attach their University / Institution ID card along with their policy draft papers.
- The portal for uploading the ID card will be provided in the google form at the time of the submission of the policy draft.
Guidelines Regarding Structure of Policy:
The draft policy submitted must contain the followings:
- Policy Title - A short and simple title apt with the body of the submission.
- An Abstract - A summary of the Policy.
- Statement of Problem - A concise statement of the problem dealt with in the policy.
- Definitions - Defining uncommon or complex terms used in the policy.
- Policy Statement - A detailed policy statement which may answer the following questions:
- Who is the primary audience required to follow the policy?
- What are the major conditions and restrictions?
- What are the details on the Applicability and Inapplicability of the policy?
- What are the special situations or exclusions, if any, where the policy shall not apply?
- Implementation Procedure - Reference to detailed procedures that are recommended in order to carry out the intent of the policy. It is advised to list the procedures in the order in which they are to be carried out. If there is no particular order, procedures should be listed alphabetically.
- Cost-benefit Analysis - An indication of the costs involved and the benefits aimed through the policy.
- Concluding Remarks - A brief concluding observation outlining the future roadmap.
- The language of the submission should be in English.
- Font of the submission must be Times New Roman with font size 14 pt for the main body (size 12 pt in case of footnotes).
- Line Spacing should be 1.5 for the main body (1 for footnotes).
- Citation format should be uniform throughout the Policy Submission.
- The word limit of Policy Submission should be between 2000 - 3000 words, exclusive of footnotes.
- The similarity is allowed up to a maximum of 10%.
- File Format must be only in .doc/.docx format.
- The file should not contain any details of the Participants. These details shall be mentioned in the Email while submitting the policy.
Inauguration Day Google-Meet Link:
||11th August, 2021
||12th September, 2021
|Inauguration Ceremony Date:
||20th August, 2021 (3:00 PM IST)
|Last date of submission:
||3rd October, 2021
|Results declaration and Award ceremony:
||17th October, 2021
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com