National Tort Law Moot Court Competition
The Consumer Protection Cell at School of Law, Manipal University Jaipur in association with Law Maven Legal Review Online is going to organize the National Tort Law Moot Court Competition
Date: 7th & 8th August, 2021
About the Moot:
Mooting is one of the most essential skills for any law professional. Moots Courts or Mock Trials are usually based on hypothetical cases, involving emerging or unsettled areas of law. Law students, who participate in these activities, are given the opportunity to develop their research, legal writing, and oral advocacy skills in a mock courtroom setting. Additionally, moot court presentation includes professional legal etiquettes in the students which equip them to adapt to courtroom practices.
The 1st LMLRO National Moot Court Competition, 2021 has been introduced to students pursuing the law course during these times, to try and enhance the research and advocacy skills among the coming generation of the legal fraternity. This moot will enrich the students with their research as well as mooting skill and our endeavour would be to carry forward the chain of law learning process even during this time of the pandemic.
- All students who are pursuing 5 year LL.B. or 3 year LL.B. programs from recognized Law Schools, Universities, and Institutions in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Each participating team shall comprise a minimum of two and a maximum of three members, in the case of a 3 member team, the third member will be a researcher and he won 't be allowed to speak. Participants are not allowed to change their role in any case. A maximum number of two teams shall participate from a College / Institution.
- No team shall contradict the composition mentioned above. No faculty member, coach, or a designated observer will be allowed to join the video conferencing or chatroom during the session.
- The language of the competition shall be 'English' only.
Objectives of the Programme:
- To bring a different perspective of the same case before the judges and the audience.
- Students can analyse a problem with a proper legal background and help them demonstrate the same before a panel of judges after proper arguments in an ethical and professional manner.
Procedure to Registration:
- To register click on: https://forms.gle/pRrWHzJZ41cAjzpR6
- Take a screenshot of your payment and upload the same at the required place in Google form.
- The registration shall be deemed complete only when the Registration Fee has been remitted successfully.
- The Application Form is duly filled, and the screenshot of payment is submitted.
- Once the application form is filled, Organizing Committee team shall send a confirmation mail allotting a team code to all the teams.
- The link for joining the competition shall be sent before the day of the competition.
- The registration fees is Rs. 1200/- per team
- Early bird registration fees is Rs. 800/- per team.
Note: The fee once paid is non-refundable.
|The last date of early-bird registration shall be:
||15th July, 2021
|The last date of registration shall be:
||25th July, 2021
|The memorial must be submitted by:
||3rd August, 2021
||5th August, 2021
||7th August, 2021
||7th August, 2021
||8th August, 2021
Mr. Sanidhya Kulshreshtha
Ms. Vasudha Priyansha
Download Poster, Brochure