Diploma and Certificate Courses in Fashion Law
Legal Desire in association with Fashion Law Journal is going to conduct Diploma and Certificate Courses in Fashion Law.
About the Courses:
The business of Fashion & Luxury necessitates a thorough understanding of the legal framework that governs the firms' key internal activities, as well as their relationships with clients and other third parties. The "Fashion Law" courses by Legal Desire and Fashion Law Journal give an overview of fashion law which is an emerging arena of legal specialty that encompasses legal issues relating to every component of the fashion fraternity. The course will concentrate on the key industry-based legal issues from a practical point of view:
- Protection of brand through different typologies of intellectual property rights, as well as international filing and creation of domain name that can be used to protect fashion creations and models;
- Fashion business through fashion negotiations and specific agreements for the industry;
- Counterfeiting issues: from product liability to consumer protection;
- Role of ethics and initiatives by the brands in the industry.
The "Fashion Law" courses are designed to provide participants with the most up-to-date practical information, benchmarks, and industry expertise on the most important areas of legal frameworks and perspectives in the fashion and luxury industries. Starting with an overview of the industry, including legal compliance of fashion brands, intellectual property, and specific agreements, the course will focus on all major stages of the fashion lifecycle and promote applied framework to the fashion and luxury industry. The courses are regularly supplemented with practical cases (simulations with managers and lawyers of the fashion industry) and a case study method of teaching will be adopted wherein the participants will be delegated a brand and will be required to create all the legal compliances.
There are two types of courses available (check attached brochure for detailed modules):
- Diploma in Fashion Law: 12 weeks
- A certificate course: 4 weeks
The Method of teaching is Online via LMS portal. The teaching model is composed of the following:
- Comprehensive online live lectures
- Guest Speakers - Fashion Lawyers, Fashion Designers & other eminent Fashion and Law professionals
- Case Studies and Project Works
- Drafting of Commercial Agreements relating to Fashion Industry
- Drafting of Fashion Business Plans
- Conceptualizing legal issues in fashion
Course Language: English
- Diploma Course: 12 weeks (15 Industry Expert Sessions) + Option of 1 month Internship with Fashion Law Journal
- Certificate Course: 4 weeks (8 Industry Expert Sessions)
Course Fee for Diploma Course:
- Indian Students: INR 30,000/-
- Overseas Students: US $500
Course Fee for Certificate Course:
- Indian Students: INR 12,000/-
- Overseas Students: US $250
Based on merit, scholarships up to 30% will be offered to selected candidates. A list of criteria is available on the Registration form.
|Start of registration:
||4th July, 2021
|Commencement of Course:
||10th August, 2021
|End of registration:
||We set no deadline in advance as we operate a system of rolling admissions, which means that we close to new applications when the programme is full. We therefore strongly recommend that you apply as soon as possible as the seats are limited. Early applications have a greater chance of being successful and receiving scholarships.