The National Leadership Summit 2021
The National Leadership Summit, a Government Law College Model United Nations Society initiative is a pan India leadership conclave among the best student debaters, policymakers, and opinion-makers. The platform aiming to inspire the youth to express their views in an organized way, is scheduled to be held in an online manner on 7th and 8th of August, 2021 on Zoom Communications. The GLCMUN Society, through its multiple events, aims to not only organize a conference with stellar hospitality and debate, but also reimagine and reinvent the ways through which students can best absorb the lessons that will help them navigate a peaceful life, empowering them to be engaged members of their communities. The responsibility of preparing the next generation to become tomorrow's fulfilled citizens, policymakers and leaders is one that GLCMUN Society takes very seriously and therefore, the theme for this initiative is "Promoting the culture of Lawfulness". The conference in short aims to promote the concept of debate, discussion and deliberation. In order to achieve these goals, the project stands on three main pillars, the discourse, debate and diplomacy segment.
Date: 7th - 8th August, 2021
Platform: Zoom Communications
- Discourse segment (2nd Freedom Fighter Late Shri P.N. Agrawal Memorial Article Writing Competition)
- Debate segment (Indian Committees)
- Diplomacy segment (Continuous Crisis Committees)
- Critique: Indian foreign policy during Covid-19 pandemic
- Does contempt conviction threaten free speech in India?
We shall be simulating the following committees:
- All India Political Parties Meet: Discussing the need for police reforms in India.
- Standing Committee on External Affairs - Discussing India's foreign policy during the Covid19 pandemic. Global response, India's contribution, and a way forward.
- Standing Committee on Information Technology: Safeguarding citizens' rights and prevention of misuse of social / online news media platforms with special emphasis on media trials.
The Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971
The committees for the Crisis Simulation:
- Continuous Crisis Committee: Indian War Cabinet
- Continuous Crisis Committee: Pakistan War Cabinet
The registration fee is Rs.500/- per participant.
Mr. Jatin Goyal
Ms. Tannusriya Tripathi
GLC Model United Nations Society