Libertatem Magazine: Call for Blogs
Libertatem Magazine is a Legal News media arm of Libertatem Media Private Limited, a Government of India recognized startup, which is on a mission to provide open access legal updates to each of its readers.
Unlike other blogs, we aim to provide quality edited posts and contents which are well crafted and factually correct. Hence, we invite contribution towards Libertatem Magazine in the form of Articles, Blogs, Case Comments, How-To, Short Notes etc. Interested Authors shall submit their work as per the below-mentioned guidelines.
Themes for Submissions:
Libertatem is a news organization and hence we are inviting Law Articles / Legal Blogs / Case Comments. There is no restriction based on any specific subject or area of research. You are free to choose your own topic but it should be a Law Article or Blogs.
Types of Submission:
- Article - You can submit any short article of around 800 - 1500 words. It can from any law subject. and it should not be a research paper. Articles prepared as a college project can also be submitted.
- Blog - Blogs can be on any subject and will be published under the blogs category. Word Limit would be maximum 1500 words.
- Case Comment/ Case Analysis - Case Comment on any landmark case can be submitted. Maximum word limit would be 1000 words. Case Comments should atleast mandatorily contain Facts, Arguments, Interpretation of Legal Principles by the Court, Judgement. The more information, the better it is. Case Comments prepared as a college project can also be submitted.
- How-to Writeups - You can also submit writeups detailing any procedural work such as How to Incorporate a Private Limited Company, How to apply for FSSAI License, etc. Writeups must contain screenshots / high quality images / links to make it interactive and easy for readers to understand.
- Short Notes - Shorts Notes on legal topics or maxim is also appreciated. For eg. A detailed writeup on Audi Alteram Partem or a detailed writeup on Res Judicata etc. Minimum word limit should be 800 words and maximum 1200 words.
Who can submit?
We are inviting submissions only from Law Students.
General Submission Guidelines:
- Co-Authorship is allowed to a maximum of two Authors
- Make sure your sentences are not very long
- Divide your topic into a proper sub-heading
- Use short paragraphs. Keep in mind that each paragraph carries one idea, avoid dragging sentences and paragraphs to make it look like one big chunk of information
- Do not use difficult words. Instead, use simple words. Refrain from over-complicating the language with multiple word
- Use free tools such as Grammarly to make sure there are no spelling and grammatical mistakes
- Please refer to the sources as hyperlinks in the body of the text. In keeping with the informal style of the blog and web publishing, it is mandatory for you to refrain from using footnotes and use hyperlinks instead
- Submission of the draft post must be in MS-Word format (.doc/.docx)
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis
Word Limit & Referencing:
- Although we have a strict minimum word policy i.e. at least 500 words, however, we prefer blog posts that have a minimum of 800 words. The maximum word limit is 1,500 words. Only in certain exceptional cases, you are allowed to exceed the word limit. We do not reject the article solely on exceeding the word limit.
- The submission should not have any Footnotes. If there is a need to cite from the Internet, hyperlink it in the text itself.
All submission should be made via the Submission Portal: https://libertatem.in/submit/
There is no submission / publication fee.
Mr. Ajay Raj
Mr. Ayush Menon
Ms. Dhwani Pandya