NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws
The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws at National Law Institute University, Bhopal in collaboration with Trilegal is going to organize the NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws
Date of Summit: 2nd May, 2021
Call for Papers
- International banking and finance
- Cross border restructuring and insolvency
- Corporate governance
- International capital markets
- Recent developments in competition law & antitrust regimes
- Analysis of major transactions or sectoral studies
- International taxation law
- Commercial issues relating to digital economies & E-commerce
- Cross-border investment law
- Social sustainable investments
- Ethical compliance and risk analysis trends in commercial law
- Recent issues in insolvency and bankruptcy landscape
- Foreign investment and emerging trends in India
- Taxability of cryptocurrency in India
- Data privacy and competition law concerns
- Special purpose acquisitions companies in India
- Mergers & acquisitions in the Ed-tech sector
The above areas of law and themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose an inter-disciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law or themes, provided that it fits within the contours of corporate and commercial laws.
Authors must be pursuing their LL.B. (Hons.) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized University for the academic year of 2020-21 to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be 4000 - 6000 words long dealing with an issue in-depth and demonstrating a comparatively higher level of analysis. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different Institutions is allowed.
- Essays: Manuscripts under this category should be 2000 - 3000 words and either cover a recent development or be issue-specific. Co-authorship is not allowed. All submissions must contain an Abstract of maximum 300 words.
Kindly note that the word limit is exclusive of footnotes and the abstract. Citations must conform to the standards laid down in the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition, 2015). Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation. Substantive footnoting is permitted.
Each submission must contain the following documents, in addition to the manuscript and personal details and affiliation of the Author(s), without which the submission will NOT be accepted:
- An originality statement, signed by the Author(s), declaring that the manuscript is the original work of the Author(s).
- A copyright statement, signed by the Author(s), whereby the Author(s) agrees that the copyright in the work shall vest with CBCL.
|Last date of submission of manuscript:
||18th April, 2021
|Announcement of selected manuscripts:
||29th April, 2021
|Date of Summit:
||2nd May, 2021
Mr. Suyash Bhamore
Mr. Ishaan Chopra
Ms. Saumya Agarwal
Head of digital initiatives
Ms. Rachita Shah
Head of print initiatives