1st N J Yasaswy Virtual National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
The Centre for Environmental Law, Policy, Education & Development at ICFAI Law School, ICFAI University is going to organize the 1st N J Yasaswy Virtual National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition in association with Gorkela Law Office, New Delhi.
- A recognized College / Institution / University shall be entitled to send only one team to the competition.
- Each team will have an assigned Team Code (designated during Draw of Lots). Each Team shall use their Team Code for identification purposes. The name of the participants shall not appear on or within the Written Submissions. Signature on the pages is prohibited.
- Teams shall not disclose their identity during oral arguments. However, the speaker can disclose their name only to the bench during the oral argument (if asked so by the bench).
- Each participating team can comprise either two or three members.
- In the case of two members, both the members shall be designated as speakers.
- In the case of three members, two members shall be designated as speakers, and one member shall be designated as the researcher.
- Each Team is required to prepare Written Submissions for both sides, i.e., the Petitioner and the Respondent of the case.
- A Written Submission shall be identified solely by the Team Code assigned to the Team.
- One soft copy (only in MS Word .doc / .docx format) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 16th April, 2021( 23:59 hours IST) with the subject "Memorials for Environmental Law Moot Court". The file names of the electronic copies of the Memorials must contain only the team code and the side being represented in the following format: e.g. (for Team Code 13) 13P or 13R or 13C, 'P' being for 'Petitioner' Memorial and 'R' for 'Respondent' Memorial and 'C' for 'Compendium (in case Compendium is prepared).
- The team shall cite authorities in the Memorial using footnotes following the Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition. Explanatory or illustrative footnotes are not allowed.
- The colour of the cover page must be Blue in the case of Petitioner / Applicant & Red in the case of Respondent / Defendant.
- The colour of the cover page shall compulsorily be Red and Blue (as the case may be) and no other variant of the colour shall be used.
No Registration Fees shall be charged from the participants as the Competition is being conducted under the University Social Responsibility.
- Each Team must register by filling up the registration form through this link along with the registration form attached with the brochure.
- Each team shall complete such registration on or before 10th April, 2021 (11:59 P.M. IST).
- The number of participating teams shall be limited to 32.
- The preference to teams shall be given on first-cum-first-serve basis.
- The organizing committee will have the sole and absolute discretion to shortlist the participants.
|Last date of Registration:
||10th April, 2021
|Last date for Clarifications:
||12th April, 2021
|Release of Clarifications:
||14th April, 2021
|Last date for the submission of the soft copy of the Memorial:
||16th April, 2021
- Orientation of Participants
- Researcher's Test
- Draw of Lots
|23rd April, 2021
- Preliminary Round
- Quarter-Final Round
|24th April, 2021
- Semi-Final Round
- Final Round
|25th April, 2021
Ms. Muskan Aggarwal
Mr. Ravi Prakash Mishra
Ms. Anushmi Jain
Mr. Vishal Bera