VIT School of Law - Admission 2021
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to 5 year Integrated B.A. LL.B. and B.B.A. LL.B. and 1 year LL.M. programme at VIT School of Law for the academic year 2021-22.
- B.A. LL.B. - 5 year Integrated Programme
- B.B.A. LL.B. - 5 year Integrated Programme
- LL.M. in (International Law and Development) - 1 year Programme
- LL.M. in (Intellectual Property Laws) - 1 year Programme
- LL.M. in (Corporate Laws) - 1 year Programme
B.A. LL.B. / B.B.A. LL.B. - 5 year Integrated Programme:
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident Indian National, and should have studied regular full time and formal education.
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate.
- The aggregate marks obtained in the subjects in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST community
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Score Card: The candidate should have appeared for CLAT / LSAT Law test and should have secured an impressive score in each component of the test.
- Notification on issue of application for admission will be updated on the website in March, 2021
- Merit list is prepared based on merit performance in 10+2
- The merit list applicants will be called for counselling
- The fact that a applicant has qualified and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission to him / her. This depends upon the performance in the Group Discussion / Personal Interview and the availability of seats
- Selection list will be prepared based on the marks secured in Higher Secondary School Examination, and the performance in Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
LL.M. - 1 year Programme:
- The minimum qualification is any Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized University with minimum of 55% marks.
The selection of students to VIT School of Law for LL.M Course shall be based solely on merit of the candidate determined by All India Admission Test (AIAT) conducted in VIT Chennai Campus or any other All India Admission Test equivalent thereto (PG CLAT, AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) for LL.M and Delhi University LL.M Entrance Test)
- The AIAT conducted by VIT shall have the following parts:
- Part I - Proficiency in English, General Knowledge, Analytical, Reasoning and Aptitude to do research
- Part II - Objective type questions covering all compulsory law subjects prescribed by the BCI for the undergraduate law programme.
- Part III - Interview
- Weightage of the three parts as follows:
- Part I - 40%
- Part II - 40%
- Interview - 20% (will focus on work experience, publication, and statement of purpose etc.)
- Those who have got score cards of PG CLAT, AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) for LL.M and Delhi University LL.M Entrance Test may seek admission for LL.M in VITSOL by registering themselves and appearing for the interview at VIT Chennai Campus along with AIAT selected candidates on appointed date.
- If an applicant is waiting for qualifying degree result and cleared all the previous examinations, a provisional registration may be offered.
- In case the provisionally admitted candidate fails to submit the qualifying degree results before the registration of the first semester courses, the provisional registration shall stand cancelled.
- The cost of application is Rs. 850/-. The application cost is non-refundable.
- Candidates can apply online at www.vit.ac.in through Netbanking / Debit Card / Credit Card / Paytm mode. There is NO printed OMR application form, candidates are requested to apply only through online mode. It is mandatory to send the hardcopy of the application form with necessary enclosures.
Director, UG Admissions
VIT - Vellore Campus
VIT, Vellore - 632014, Tamil Nadu
Director, PG Admissions
VIT, Vellore - 632014
Phone : +91-416-2202188
Deputy Director (Admissions)
VIT - Chennai Campus
Vandalur Kelambakkam Road,
Chennai - 600127