International E-Workshop on Violence against Women and Girls with Physical Disabilities in India: Understanding the Issues and Promoting Legal Empowerment
Law Mantra Trust in association with Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University - Haryana, SRM University - Sonepat and Symbiosis Law School - Hyderabad is going to organize the one day International E-Workshop on "Violence against Women and Girls with Physical Disabilities in India: Understanding the Issues and Promoting Legal Empowerment".
Date: 8th March, 2021
Timing: 04:00 p.m onwards
In today's arena, there are so many laws for women protection and empowerment but lots of cases have been observed when those who know the law misuse it and the real victim is either unaware of the laws or they don't have the proper means and courage to fight for themselves. The need of the hour is proper implementation of these laws and discussing the loopholes prevailing at present. This conference will serve as a platform from intellectually all over the country to discuss the policy matters concerning women rights and apart from discussion, measures from proper implementation will be priority of the event.
The main objectives of the issue will be:
- Promotion of international, comparative and global research, advocacy, law reform and policy initiatives on women rights
- Opening up a global discussion on 'women, development and governance' from a Women rights perspective
- Research, advocacy, education and policy engagement on women rights
- To bring together researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to discuss problems, disseminate learning, and share international lessons - learned, existing policy research, and studies on various social protection schemes which, in particular, impact women The present workshop is aiming at highlighting different issues underlining women.
Topic to be Discussed:
- Gender and Law Enforcement
- Impact of Displacement of Women
- Women in Detention
- Sexual Harassment at Work Place
- Women empowerment and domestic violence
- Cyber Space and Women
- Reproductive Technologies and Rights of Women
- Eve-teasing, Molestation, Sexual Abuse and Rape
Who should Attend?
Students, Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians, Corporate Delegates, Business entities, Social Activits Lawyers.
Phone: +91-9667822453, +91-9927442154