Masters' Conference on Intellectual Property
Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law (RGSOIPL) is going to organize the Masters' Conference on Intellectual Property
It is aimed at bringing together masters' students from across the globe and providing them with a platform to debate and deliberate the contemporary issues in Intellectual Property Law and Policy.
In a globalised information economy, the significance of Intellectual Property Rights and the associated policy questions cannot be overstated. While IP policy definitely bears significant relevance for corporations and MNCs, it also has other significant roles which are often underemphasised.
The role of IP policy in promoting socio-economic equality, protecting indigenous culture and tradition, incentivising identity et cetera often go unnoticed by IP researchers. MCIP aims at being the platform which brings forth these issues to the discussion forum. We, at RGSOIPL, believe in thinking global and acting local, and MCIP is the embodiment of this particular belief!
All masters' students (from any discipline of law) from across the globe are eligible to apply. Those who have completed their master in the last two years can also apply. Shortlisted candidates will be notified to confirm their registrations and participate.
- Registrations are open in three tracks:
- Paper Presentation
- Policy Hackathon
- Paper Presentation:
- Co-authorship is allowed up to two Authors only.
- Registration fee (to be paid only after shortlisting)
- Single Author: INR 2500 (for Indian Nationals) / US $50 (for Foreign Nationals)
- Co-authored papers: INR 3800 / US $75
- Policy Hackathon:
- Participants have to register in teams of 3.
- Individual participation is not allowed.
- Registration fee: 3600 per team (for Indian Teams) / US $70 (for international Teams). For participation only
- Only a limited number of participants will be allowed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participants will have access to the technical sessions, virtual conference kit, resource library, policy bootcamps, as well as the policy pitching sessions.
- Registration fee per participant: 750 INR (for Indian Nationals) / US $20 (Foreign Nationals).
- Key Incentives:
- Green awards for selected best papers (Global Masters' Research Award 2021).
- Policy Hackers award for the winning team in policy hackathon (Sustainable Policy Award 2021)
- Possible publication of top 10 papers with leading publishers.
How to Apply:
For Paper Presentation:
|Last date for abstract submission and submission of application:
||20th January, 2021
|Intimation of provisional offer to selected candidates:
||25th January, 2021
|Last date for final registration and payment confirmation by the author:
||30th January, 2021
|Last date for full paper submission:
||10th February, 2021
For Policy Hackathon:
|Last date for applying:
||25th January, 2021
|Last date for final registration and payment confirmation:
||4th February, 2021
|For participants: Last date for registration and payment confirmation:
||5th January, 2021