1st IFIM Law School National Judgement Writing Competition, 2021
The Moot Court Committee at IFIM Law School, Bengaluru is going to organize the first National Judgement Writing Competition virtually on the 9th of January, 2021.
The competition carries several highlights which includes the mix of learning and exploring path of drafting a Judgement and a Token of Appreciation in the form of cash prizes for the Winner and Runner-Up. The Event will be judged by a panel expert professionals and academicians of the legal fraternity.
- The Participant should be currently pursuing their Bachelor's Degree in Law i.e. 3- year L.L.B. course or 5-year Integrated law course from any recognized University / Law School.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any Law School or University.
- Only individual participation is allowed.
What is Judgement Writing?
The concept of Judgment Writing has been prevalent for quite some time in the legal fraternity. The objective of the participants will be to envisage a given situation from the lens of a Judge, apply the law and render a suitable judgment. A participant is encouraged to think like a Judge and reach a well-reasoned and innovative conclusion.
- The Submission, as submitted must be an original work of the participant and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere.
- Any sort of plagiarism shall and will amount to penalty.
- Word Limit - 2500 Words (exclusive of footnotes)
- The Submission must not disclose the identity of the participant or any other personal details, E.g. Name of the Institution.
- The Participant shall submit a separate cover letter containing the details of the participant. Details shall include Name of the Participant, Name of the Institution, Email ID & Phone Number
- The name of the file shall be named in the following format:
- "Cover Letter - IFIM NJWC"
- "Submission - IFIM NJWC"
- All the required documents (Cover Letter and Judgement Writing Submission) must be submitted in MS-Word file and should be e-mailed to email@example.com with the subject as - "IFIM NJWC - Manuscript Submission <Registration Code>".
- The Author shall strictly adhere to the 20th Edition of Bluebook.
- The manuscript shall be in A4 layout with 1.5 line spacing and justified.
- Headings - Times New Roman, font size 14 pt, Bold.
- Main Body- Times New Roman, font size 12 pt.
- Footnotes - Times New Roman, , font size 10 pt, Line spacing 1.0 and justified.
Registration fee is INR 100/- per participant.
Mr. Saumyadeep Basu
Convenor MCC, IFIM Law School
Mr. Hiten Wasan
Co-Convenor, MCC, IFIM Law School