Journal of Innovation, Competition and Information Law: Call for Papers
The Journal of Innovation, Competition and Information Law (JICIL) is a peer-reviewed law journal aimed at understanding the nexus between the laws relating to Intellectual Property Rights, Anti-trust and Information or Data, including personally identifiable information. The Editorial Board of the Journal is accepting original and unpublished manuscripts in the field of Intellectual Property Rights Law, Competition Law, Information Law, including data protection law, for publication in Edition VIII to be released in the month of April, 2021.
This journal aims to make an effort in identifying the key areas of Intellectual Property, Competition Law and Data Protection Laws that coincide or overlap each other and yet remain complementary. There is huge scope for application of Intellectual Property and Antitrust Laws in India and therefore, this journal seeks to delve into academic research so a legitimate contribution may be made to the practice and jurisprudence around these laws. Information Era, the codename for the 21st century, is indispensable to the growth and progress of a modern economy, particularly data based economies.
Further, we may recognize that the basis of Intellectual Property happens to be application of the idea and exclusivity thereon while the object of Competition Law is also based on information, be it in the nature of trade secrets, protected information or through practical tools such as non-disclosure agreements. Information is the key to power in the 21st century and therefore it is important to recognize the same and in support of this theory, this journal extends the scope of examination and inquiry to Information Law.
- Research Papers: 5000 - 7000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Articles: 3000 - 5000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Case Comments: 2500 - 3000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Book Reviews: 1500 - 2500 words exclusive of footnotes (please note that the book should have been be published within the 2019-2021 duration and must be relevant as of April, 2021).
Note: Please note that the word limits are not hardcoded.
- Co-Authorship for research papers only, is permitted up to 2 Authors.
- The contributors must adhere to the Bluebook 20th Edition citation format.
- All Articles & Research Papers must include an Abstract of not more than 350 words.
- Title of the Paper: Times New Roman, font size 16 pt, Bold.
- Sub-Title: Times New Roman, font size 12 pt.
- Heading 1: Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, Bold.
- Heading 2: Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, Underlined.
- Heading 3: Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, Italics.
- Line Spacing: 1.5.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, font size 10 pt, Single Line Spacing.
- The submission must be accompanied with the details of the Author(s) (Title of the Submission, Name of the Author(s), Email Id, Phone & College / Affiliation, Programme Enrolled and Year of Study, Submission Category) mentioned in the body of the Email.
- The name of the Author(s) or affiliation should NOT appear in the word document containing the final submission.
- The submissions must be the original work of the Author(s). Any plagiarism will lead to outright rejection.
While submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, they must be submitted latest by 1st February, 2021 (11:59 p.m.) to be considered for publication in the upcoming edition.
Ms. Aadhya Kancharla
Mr. Shuvam Bhattacharya
Ms. Vedangini Bisht