Journal of Intellectual Property Law: Call for Papers
The Journal of Intellectual Property Law (JIPL) is a peer-reviewed ISSN serial journal published by the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It is the endeavour of the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights to become the beacon in the field of Intellectual Property Rights by encouraging synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across academia and research fraternity.
The journal invites articles, research papers, essays, case comments, and book reviews on "Technology and Intellectual Property Rights" for publication in the 6th issue of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law for its 2020-21 volume.
- Technology Transfer Promotion
- Technology of the Internet and how IP rights translate to the medium
- Patenting of human genes
- Reverse Payment Patent Settlement (Pharmaceutical Sector, Food Sector)
- Standard Essential Patents
Note: The sub-themes are suggestive in nature and the Authors can amend or choose to write on any other topic of their interest which falls under the main theme of the Journal issue.
- The Journal of Intellectual Property Law welcomes original and previously unpublished articles, case notes and case comments, and book reviews for publication in its 2020-21 volume. The word limit for the Abstract should between 350 - 500 words.
- The word limit for articles is 4,500 to 6,000 words including footnotes.
- The word limit for essays is 2000 to 3000 words including footnotes.
- The word limit for case notes and case comments is 2000 to 2500 words and the scope of inquiry may include analysis of recent case laws, legislations, policies or any recent issue.
- They also welcome reviews of books that have made a significant contribution to legal or academic scholarship in the field of Technology and Intellectual Property Rights.
- Successful submissions to this category will engage substantively with the ideas and themes explored in the book instead of merely providing a summary of its main arguments. The word limit for book review is 2500 to 3000 words.
- JIPL follows the ILI citation style.
- Entries can be co-authored however, a maximum of two Authors per entry is allowed. Only original work is invited and any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification of the paper.
- The Journal welcomes submissions from Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars and Students from IP Law, Law and allied fields.
- The submissions must be original and should not be under consideration in any other journal.
- Articles with plagiarism and copyright issues are liable to be rejected immediately. Nirma University Law Journal is not to subject to any liability which may arise in this regard.
- Submission of work to the Journal of Intellectual Property Laws is indicative of the fact that the Authors grant exclusive permission to JIPL to publish and reproduce their work in all streams of media. Such right is subject to the doctrine of fair use as followed under the law relating to Intellectual Property Rights and subject to the entitlements of the Author.
- The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, out-rightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities etc. The article is subjected to rejection if its content is likely to offend the religious or political sentiments of the reader.
- A process of blind peer-review shall be used to scrutinize all the submissions. Following this, the Authors of selected papers will be notified of the results.
- Please send all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries are to be sent latest by 15th February, 2021 (11:59 PM).
- For any further clarifications, please contact on the below-mentioned address:
Centre for IPR,
Institute of Law, Nirma University,
SG Highway, Ahmedabad
|Last date for Paper Submission:
||15th February, 2021
|Confirmation of Acceptance of Paper:
||5th March, 2021
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com