International Conference on Food Safety: An Extrospection of Human Rights and Consumer Concerns
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with the Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) is organizing a one day International Conference on "Food Safety: An Extrospection of Human Rights and Consumer Concerns" via virtual mode.
Date: 16th January, 2021
The conference is conducted through online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
Key Note Speaker:
Ms. Marika Guderian (Deputy Head, United Nations World Food Programme) is the Key Note Speaker of the conference.
Call for Papers:
The Organising Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Food Business Operators, Policy makers, and officials from various Institutions, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers, etc.
- Right to safe and secure food as a basic Human Right
- History and development of food safety laws
- Food safety laws worldwide
- An Extrospection of Human Rights and Consumer Concerns
- Food Safety and Standard Authority of India
- Tortious liability of Food Business Operators
- Consumer as a victim in the context of packaged food products
- Food Recall procedures
- Food safety and consumer protection laws
- Role of regulatory mechanisms in ensuring food safety
- Misleading advertisement and laws
- Food safety in 21st century India: Preparing for the future.
- Complaint mechanism and Penalties
- Role of International Organisations in food safety and security
- Labelling of Infant milk substitute and Infant food
- Labelling of Packaged Foods
- International Food Standards and the Indian law
- Judicial approach towards food safety in India
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above-mentioned theme.
- Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with title of conference .The papers may be in Times New Roman, font size: Heading-14 pt, Text-12 pt in A4 format, single line spacing, not exceeding 3500 words including Footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th Edition) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt.. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- An Abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration. The Abstract must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28th December, 2020. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
- Title of the paper
- Name of Author(s)
- Name of Institute/ Organization
- Official Designation
- E-mail Address
- Contact Number.
- The submission should be in word format.
- The papers shall be screened by a committee. The full papers approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation at the conference. The intimation of selection will be made through email.
- The final paper should contain a cover page that includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline, email ID, and contact number.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the conference will be English and presentations shall be done in English.
- Co-authorship is allowed but limited to one co-author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria. Publishing charges if any demanded by the journal may be paid by the author.
There is a Registration fee of Rs. 750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs. 250/- should be paid in the case of a maximum of one co-author).
|Submission of Abstracts:
||28th December, 2020
|Communication of Abstract Acceptance:
||31st December, 2020.
|Submission of Full paper:
||11th January, 2021
|Intimation of Full paper Acceptance:
||13th January, 2021
|Date of payment of Registration fee between:
||14th - 15th January, 2021
||16th January, 2021
Ms. Reshma Soman N.
Ms. Dakshina Saraswathy
Ms. Vidya V.V.