1st National Judgment Writing Competition 2020
Law Addicts is going to organize the Judgment Writing Competition 2020. This competition presents an exciting opportunity to law students to step into the shoes of a judge and deliver a reasoned and well articulated judgment. The participants are expected to base their judgments on a thorough and diligent appreciation of the factual matrix. The competition encourages innovative judgments that have meticulously examined and applied relevant legal concepts.
- All students pursuing 3 or 5 year L.L.B. course or L.L.M. course from a recognized Law School, University or Institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Single author or Co-Authorship up to 2 Authors shall be permitted. Authors may belong to the same or different Law School, University or Institution in India.
- A team of single or two Authors will be considered eligible to participate only if the registration is completed on or before 27th November, 2020 (24:00 Hours IST).
- The manuscript submitted must be an original work of the author(s) and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere. Any sort of plagiarism shall amount to penalty.
- Word Limit is 3500 words (inclusive of footnotes)
- The manuscript must not disclose identity of the author(s)(e.g. name, institution, etc.)
- The cover page of the manuscript shall mention the team code at the top right corner.
- The manuscript shall be submitted in PDF format only. The name of the file shall be the allotted team code. For example: - LA-1. pdf
- Author(s) shall not e-mail their submissions to the official email ID.
- The Author(s) shall strictly adhere to the 19th Bluebook Citation. Any citation found contrary shall amount to penalty.
- The manuscript shall be in A4 layout with 1.5 line spacing and justified.
- Headings: Times New Roman, size - 14, bold.
- Main body: Times New Roman, size - 12.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, size - 10, Line Spacing 1.0 and justified.
- Teams are required to complete the registration on or before 27th November, 2020.
- The Registration fee is Rs. 200/- for single Author and Rs.300/- for co-authorship. The registration fee payable for the Competition must be paid latest by 27thNovember, 2020
|Commencement of Online Registration:
||19th November, 2020
|Last date for Registration:
||27th November, 2020
|Last date to Seek Clarifications:
||29th November, 2020
|Release of Clarifications:
||1st December, 2020
|Last date for Submission of Judgment Draft:
||17th, December, 2020
|Declaration of Results:
||31st December, 2020
Mr. Suthakar J.
Ms. Srinithi R.
President, Law Addicts