The Jurist International Article Writing Competition 2020
The Jurist is one of the leading think-tanks and research-resource centre for formulating and promoting fundamental reforms in socio, political, legal spheres and in critical areas of state policy. It is established to provide free access to legal discourse and encourage legal minds to explore the contours of law.
As The Jurist continues to grow, open source remains the foundation of our products and communities. In the spirit of open source, there are three key elements to growing our community and making it accessible to everyone: knowledge sharing, kindness, and mentorship. The strength of an organisation is not based on just the quality of the code, but the community and ecosystem that are built around it. With a vision to promote diversified opinions concerning law and society and to help the legal fraternity to understand the dynamics of law from multiple perspectives, The Jurist is going to organize the International Article Writing Competition, 2020 for the Global Student Community.
Theme: Any Contemporary Legal Issue
Entries will be disqualified if they fail to meet any of the following requirements:
- Word Limit: Maximum 1,500 words.
- Plagiarism: Plagiarism is not accepted in the competition.
- Originality: The final copy submitted for the competition must be the entrant's own work, and cannot be excessively corrected or improved by another person. Articles should be original, unpublished in all media (paper, journals, e-publishers, etc). No entry should be a piece that has received prizes in any other contest.
- No. of Entries: A maximum of 2 entries per author is allowed in the competition. Both the entries should be registered separately.
- Language: British English.
- Personal Details: Submissions should not include the participants personal details including name or affiliation.
- Revision: Once an Article is submitted, students/academicians will not have the opportunity to revise it.
- Format: Article can only be uploaded as a MS Word document (.doc or .docx) and the file size should not exceed 1 MB.
- File Name: Title of Article. Note: No name of author to be mentioned in/on file.
- Formatting: Body: [Font: Times New Roman, Size: 12, Line-Spacing: 1.5, Alignment: Justified].
- Footnotes: Submission must contain footnotes, wherever required. Footnotes: [Font: Times New Roman, Size: 10, Line-Spacing: 1.0, Alignment: Justified].
|Invitation for Participation:
||8th September, 2020
|Deadline for Registration:
||31st September, 2020
|Deadline for Submission:
||1st October, 2020
|Declaration of the Result:
||15th October, 2020
|Issuance of e-certificate & Felicitation:
||30th October, 2020
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org