National E-seminar on Development of Arbitration and Mediation Regime in India: Discussing the Challenges, Solutions and Future Prospects
The Centre for Arbitration and Mediation at Geeta Institute of Law in collaboration with the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala and in association with Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Company, New Delhi is going to organize a National Seminar on the topic "Development of Arbitration and Mediation Regime in India: Discussing the Role of Supreme Court, Issues and Future Prospects".
Date: 26th September, 2020
Venue: Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat, Haryana
The Seminar aims to provide a platform for discussion on the speedy redressal dispute-resolution process of our Civil Justice System. The concept of Arbitration and Mediation is of great significance at a time when lawsuits are increasing and courts are facing a vast backlog of cases. The word Alternative can be misinterpreted to imply that something is not right with the present system. The word "Alternative" is, therefore, a misnomer and has been misunderstood by the Bench and the Bar to the extent that Arbitration and Mediation is felt to be substitute for the present legal system. Arbitration and Mediation is necessary in the present time especially in India where 30 million cases are reportedly pending.
The entire objective of Arbitration and Mediation is to bring speedy Justice and to reduce the backlogs of Public Interest Litigation and many Criminal cases so that the Judges are free to apply their mind and devote their time to other important matters having National & Constitutional Significance.
Theme of the E-seminar:
Development of Arbitration & Mediation Regime in India: Discussing the Challenges, Solutions & Future Prospects
- Role of Arbitration & Mediation in reshaping Indian Legal System
- Effectiveness of Mediation in Present Justice Delivery System
- E- Arbitration and E- Mediation
- Recognition and Enforcement of Arbitration and Mediation awards
- Need to enact Mediation Act
- Mediation in Civil Disputes
- Enforcement Agencies involved in Mediation: Challenges and Remedies
- Mediation in Matrimonial Disputes
- Online Mediation in India: Future Prospects
- Mediation in Consumer Disputes Cases
- Arbitration v. Litigation
- Inter disciplinary issues and Arbitration
- Mediation in Industrial Dispute and Labor Law
- Indigenous form of Dispute Settlement: Relevance in present perspective
- Negotiation and Mediation in Banking Sector
- Arbitration and Technology: Blockchain Arbitration and Smart Contracts in India
Note: The above-mentioned sub-themes are not exhaustive. The author can select any other sub-theme which is related to the theme of the Seminar.
Submission Guidelines for Abstract:
The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:-
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the author(s)
- E-mail address
- Postal address and Contact Number
Submission Guidelines for Full Research Paper:
- The paper should not exceed 6000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- There can be only an author and one co-author. Inclusion of more than one co-author will result in automatic disqualification.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- Citation style: Bluebook 19th Edition.
- All correspondence must be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Indian Participants:
- Students: Rs. 300/-
- Academicians and Professionals / Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
- Participants outside India:
- Students: US $10
- Academicians and Professionals / Research Scholars: US $30
|Submission of Abstract:
||31st August, 2020
|Confirmation of Abstract:
||2nd September, 2020
|Submission of Full Paper:
||14th September, 2020
|Confirmation of Selected Papers for Presentation:
||16th September, 2020
|Submission of Registration Form with Fee (Soft Copy):
||20th September, 2020
||26th September, 2020
|Publication of Paper:
||By April, 2021
Ms. Charu Bajaj
GIL Student Coordinator
Ms. Nikita Kaushik
GIL Student Coordinatr
Ms. Samiksha Sharma
RGNUL Student Coordinator
Mr. Mohit Dang
RGNUL Student Coordinator
Download Poster, Brochure, Registration Form