8th Annual Adv. B.P. Apte Memorial National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2020
People's Education Society's Adv. Balasaheb Apte College of Law is going to organize the 8th Annual Adv. B.P. Apte Memorial National Moot Court Virtual Competition, 2020.
Date: 25th - 27th September, 2020
This event is hosted in the fond memory of the Late Sr. Adv. Balwant Parshuram Apte (widely known as Adv. Balasaheb Apte) in order to commemorate his contribution towards the legal fraternity and also to further his dream of attracting law students towards the actual practice of advocacy. Eminent Judges, Lawyers & Academicians of the highest standing in India, converge to adjudicate the various rounds of the competition. The said event shall be conducted virtually.
- Only Bona Fide under-graduate students who are pursuing 3 years or 5 years LLB course from a Recognized University in India below the age of 25 years as on 1st September 2020 are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The team shall comprise of two speakers. There will be no researcher in this competition.
- Only one team shall be allowed to participate per college.
- The participants should ensure strict adherence to the rules mentioned herewith. Non-Compliance of the same shall lead to Negative Marking or Disqualification.
Submission of Memorial and Compendium:
- Memorials for both sides should be submitted by the participants in a PDF format only.
- Memorial should be made for both the sides, i.e. the Petitioner and the Respondent.
- Format of the Memorial
- Cover must be placed on brief as follows:
Petitioners: Blue Colour Respondents: Red Colour Cover page shall include name of the case, parties on behalf of whom written submissions are made, name of the forum approached for dispute resolution and year.
Table of Contents:
- List of abbreviations.
- Index of Authorities
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Statement of Facts
- Issues Raised
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments Advanced (not more than 8 pages)
Memorial General Format:
- All written submissions shall be typed on A4 size paper in the following format:
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 points for the body, 10 points for the foot notes
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Alignment: Justified
- Page Number: Bottom of the page in the Centre.
- Margin: 1 Inch from all sides.
- The provisional registration shall take place via Google Forms the link of which shall be uploaded on the Invitation Page and in the Rule Book.
- Prospective participants should fill in all the details properly and submit the same. Only one form per team is to be submitted.
- The acknowledgement of provisional registration shall be sent within 24 hours. Once acknowledgement is sent to the participants, they will have to make the payment of registration charges within ONE working day and the receipt of same should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No extension of time shall be granted for payment of registration charges. Non-Payment of Charges within stipulated time will lead to cancellation of provisional registration.
- Registration will be confirmed only after the hosts receive payment advise / confirmation on the email mentioned herewith by way of an email.
- Registration Charges of Rs. 1,500 shall be payable by way of NEFT or IMPS only.
|Dates for Registration:
||17th August, 2020 to 7th September, 2020
|Last date for Seeking Clarifications Regarding Moot Problem:
||7th September, 2020
|Last date for Submission of Memorials:
||18th September, 2020
|Last date for Submission of Compendiums:
||24th September, 2020
|Dates of Competition:
||25th September, 2020 to 27th September, 2020
Prof. Prajnee Sahoo
Mr. Nikhil Nishikant Shirsekar
Ms. Shreevidya Nargolkar
Mr. Ishaan Paranjape
Mr. Atharva Date