Edited Book on "Immigration, Citizenship and Indian Laws - Domestic & International Prospective": Call for Chapters
First Edition of Book titled "Indian Immigration Law and its Implications - Theory & Practice" was published by Satyam Law International, ISBN:- 9789387839014 in 2018 by Dr. Kavita Singh, Associate Professor of Law, West Bengal National University of Juridical Science, Kolkata.
The Second Edition of the Edited Book will provide detailed discussion on the Immigration, Citizenship and Indian Laws: Domestic & International Prospective. Renowned scholars would be joining the Call for Papers that aims to garner a strong academic response addressing the recent and imminent changes in the legal framework in conjunction with artificial intelligence and allied areas.
Immigration, Citizenship and Indian Laws: Domestic & International Prospective:
The Indian Constitution was adopted the "We people of India" as declared by the Constitution of India. The Indian Constitution does not grant Supremacy of any community, sect or religion. It means it treat with equality to all inhabitant (citizen) of India as per the constitutional mandate. The Indian citizenship drives its power from the constitution through the Indian citizenship Act 1954. Under the Citizenship Act there is provision of National Citizenship register of India (NRC) under Section 14 A (2,3 and 4) and NationalPopulation Register (NPR) according to Citizenship (Registration of Citizens and issue of National Identity Cards) Rules, 2003. The Government of India conducted NRC process in Assam, where many discrepancies come out and outcome of the NRC process has not been accepted either State Government or the Centre government.
The Central Government brings the Citizen Amendment Act 2019 and propose to conduct NRC and NPR National wide which was also announced in parliament. However, current Amendment, NRC and NPR has been widely discussed among political and social sphere in society.
The aim of the proposed book is come out with clear understanding of Nationality law and implications of current legal changes on common citizen or illegal immigrant. Further, what are legal and constitutional remedies for people affected by the NRC process and determination by the officials?
- Jurisprudential aspect of State and Citizenship.
- Responsibility of State towards its Citizen under Law.
- Citizenship under Indian Constitution and Documents for Citizenship.
- Legal Basis for National Register for Citizen.
- Social challenges for Completion of NRC.
- National Register of Citizen in Assam - Historical Prospective.
- National Register of Citizen in Assam: process and Outcome of NRC.
- Citizenship Amendment Act 2019: Judicial validity.
- Citizenship Law - and Role of States under Federal system of Governance.
- Relationship of National Register of Citizen and National Population register.
- Legal obstacles in implementations of NRP and NRC Process throughout territory of India.
- Legal consequence of Implementation of NRC and NPR Process.
- Legal challenges of doubtful residents/ citizens.
- Legal assistance to the doubtful resident/citizen.
- Legal Status of Foreigners Determination tribunal/agency.
- Rehabilitation/ deportation of foreigner.
- Principal of Non-refoulement and Supreme court of India.
- India's obligation under international law and NRC/NRP.
- India's relationship with international organizations, neighbouring countries.
- Legal rights, duties, obligations of the foreigner/alien/ illegal immigrant after determination.
- Rehabilitation, settlements and legal rights of newly accepted citizen under 2019 Amendment Act.
- Financial/ resource burden sharing between Centre and State.
- Role of Supreme Court and NRC process.
- Lesion learnt from the ASSAM NRC process.
Note: The above mentioned themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above mentioned theme(s).
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author's names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font.
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to ILI Style, which is attached with this notification
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words.
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected.
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of Publisher.
Guidelines for Paper Submission:
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010).
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides.
- Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author's names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font.
- The length of paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All accepted Chapter will be published in Book bearing ISBN.
- Citation Style ILI.
How to submit:
All submissions are to be made via e-mail as word documents (preferably Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010). Authors can submit their manuscripts to Editors at email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date for submission of final paper is 15th August, 2020.
- Authors who do not follow these guidelines may have their submission returned to them without being reviewed.
Phone: +91-98313 92831
Download Poster, Brochure