Webinar on International Humanitarian Law and Non-International Armed Conflict
Law Audience is going to organize a Webinar on International Humanitarian Law and Non-International Armed Conflict.
Date: 15th June, 2020
Timings: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
"International Humanitarian Law and Non-International Armed Conflict."
The advent of modern international law witnessed the parallel growth of international humanitarian law or Law or war, the Geneva and The Hague rules regulate the conduct of modern warfare. Despite several regulations in place modern International Humanitarian Law is fraught with controversies, which include inter alia,
- Overlapping regime of human rights law and humanitarian law
- Shift in the subject matter from state to individual.
- Rise in technology and the simultaneous evolution of International Law.
This talk will addressed some of these on-going challenges and the possible course correction.
About the Speaker:
Mr. Atul Alexander:
Mr. Alexander completed his LLB (hons) from school of excellence in Law and LLM from Tamilnadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University; he was a gold medallist and university topper both at LLB and LLM. Mr Atul Alexander is presently Assistant Professor of Law at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS). Mr Atul Alexander is also selected as a visiting research scholar at the prestigious Stockholm Center for International Law, U.S Naval War College, United States.Mr. Atul Alexander has written extensively on International Law and some of his works were cited by the NewYork Times, South China Morning Post etc.
Further, he has judged several prestigious moot court competitions which include the Jessup Indonesia and Egypt national rounds and Stetson India rounds quarter-finals,Herbert Smith Freehills corporate law moot etc. He has authored a chapter for class 12 CBSE legal studies (international Law) EBC publication. He has also participated in International conferences in Indonesia, Philippines, and China etc to name some.
Currently Mr. Atul Alexander is part of a major research project on the "Collaborative Engagement for Research, Training and Developing in Handling of Chemical and Hazardous Waste" eastern region partner; the project is undertaken in collaboration with Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) and National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Bangalore. Mr Atul Alexander is presently pursuing his PhD on the topic "The Concept of Peremptory Norm in General International Law".
- It shall be an online event;
- It is open for Students, Lawyers, Research Scholars, Teachers, Judges, Professionals and Academicians or for anyone who is interested in topic of the Webinar;
Maximum Participants Allowed:
- Only 98 participants are allowed to join this online Webinar Session on Zoom. Others can watch live on Law Audience's YouTube Channel.
Zoom Meeting Link:
- The meeting link will be provided directly in the WhatsApp Group before 10 Minutes. You must join the WhatsApp Group to receive the meeting link.
- Link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/DcWzgyubWtS2Kd1JJPejII
- It is NIL. You can join this webinar session for free of cost. There are no registration charges.
- Participants can register for this webinar session only through Google Form. No other mode of registration is acceptable. The registration link will be closed at 11:59 PMon 14thof June 2020 or earlier (if we receive cross the maximum participants allowed limit).
- Link: https://forms.gle/4AfPxFCdyEuG7AhA7
Mr. Varun Kumar
Founder-Chief Executive Officer, Law Audience
Email: Info@lawaudience.com, email@example.com
Download Notification, Poster