Call for Editorial Board Members at Libertatem Magazine
Libertatem Magazine has been one of the few names in the field of Legal News & Updates which has been making a difference with its news reporting. We are working hard and trying to create legal awareness through our news coverage and stories, but in this noble effort, we are shorthanded and we need your help. You can help us in multiple ways by participating to volunteer with us. We have multiple roles where you can fit yourself in. Please find the roles below.
Student Editors: 50 Positions
Any student can apply for this position. They may be from any stream, any year of study and any law/non-law college.
Editing Content on Website - Editors will be required to edit the content based on the recommendations of http://www.hemingwayapp.com/. Libertatem's Editorial Platform is based on the algorithm of Hemingway App and hence the said website would automatically suggest what changes need to be done to a piece of work. The Editors would then make the necessary changes accordingly. This would involve editing around 4-6 posts weekly.
You would be required to do the following checks:
- Screen the content and approve/reject it based on our guidelines. Sometimes, the post will be sent back to author for revision.
- Once you approve a post, you need to edit it on hemingwayapp.com and make sure that the post as NO Passive Voice usage and there are NO sentences longer than 20 words.
- You will also need to check the post for grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and sentence formation issues.
- Once the piece is edited, you need to forward it to the Proofreading Team.
Who can Apply?
Anyone who is good at Editing and has a good command on the English Language along with prior experience for the same is most welcome. Freshers are also welcomed if they have strong command in English Language.
This programme is an invitation to join Libertatem Magazine as a full-time member on Volunteer Basis. No Remuneration is to be paid for the work; however, exciting perks and certificates will be provided. This is basically because all the work Libertatem does is free of cost and it does not generate profits. All work is done to help the legal community to grow and learn. Hence, we do not get paid for anything and we wouldn't be able to pay. We are working Pro-Bono without any monetary support.
Terms of Membership:
We expect the members to:
- Understand and respect the deadlines given to them.
- Be Proactive and have active involvement.
- Be willing to work for 7-10 hours a week.
- Be Associated with us on a permanent basis or atleast a year.
- Be true and honest in all the dealings.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. After a review of applications by our team, the selected applicants will be given a piece to edit on hemingwayapp.com and based on your edited work, your application will be either approved or get rejected. Once approved, a confirmation email will be sent.
Application Deadline is 30th June, 2020
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org