Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for Law 2020
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to 5 year Integrated LL.B. and 3 year LL.B. programme at Government Law Colleges of the Maharashtra State for the academic year 2020-21.
- LL.B. - 5 year Integrated Programme
- LL.B. - 3 year Programme
- An applicant who have successfully completed Senior Secondary School course (+2) or equivalent (such as 11+1, A level in Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate course) from a recognized University in India or outside or from Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course examination, with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate for Open Category candidates and Out Side Maharashtra State Candidature Candidates i.e. All India Candidates (candidate belonging to SC and ST Category from the State of Maharashtra with minimum 40% marks and VJNT, SBC, OBC category belonging to State of Maharashtra with minimum 42% marks);
- The applicants who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary pass certificate or First Degree Certificate after processing studies in Distance or Correspondence method is eligible for admission to the course; Provided that, the applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open (University) system directly without having any Basic Qualification (Standard X) are not eligible for LL.B - 5 Yrs. CET. Further provided that, applicants who have obtained 10th Standard / Secondary Schooling Certificate Examination, in a Single Sitting Examination without having basic qualification (1st to 9th Standard of Schooling) is not eligible for admission. Further provided that, the candidates who are appearing / appeared for the qualifying examination (regular examination of that academic year) are also eligible to apply for the Entrance Examination. Such candidate will be eligible for admission only if they produce the Provisional / Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination and the mark lists of all parts of qualifying examination at the time of admission.
At present, there is no upper age limit for admission to LL.B. 5 years (Integrated) CET Examination for the Academic Year 2020-2021. However, in view of the case pending in Hon. Supreme Court of India in WP (Civil) No. 1023/2016 and the order passed by Hon. High Court, Bombay in WP 3235/2016, the admissions to LL.B. - 5 years. Course will be subject to the Final Outcome of various Writ Petitions. If Age limit is made applicable it will be 20 years age for Open, EWS, SEBC Category Candidates and 22 years for SC and ST Category candidates from State of Maharashtra only as on 1 st July 2020. All applying candidates should take a note of this.
- CET Fee For Open Category, EWS Candidates from Maharashtra State, Out Side Maharashtra State (OMS)/All India Candidates belonging to all Categories, and J&K Migrant Candidates.: Rs. 800/-
- CET Fee-For Candidates belonging to Backward Class Categories (SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT (A), NT-1 (B), NT-2(C), NT-3(D), OBC and SBC & SEBC Categories) belonging to Maharashtra State only having valid Caste Certificate and having valid Non-Creamy Layer Certificate valid up to March 2021 for DT-VJ, NT1, 2,3, OBC & SBC & SEBC Candidates: Rs. 600/-
Application Form Processing Fees as stated below is to be paid through on-line system only by Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form Processing Fees. No other mode of payment shall be permitted.
|Commencement of on-line registration of application:
||21st January, 2020
|Closure of registration of application:
||2nd March, 2020
|Closure for editing application details:
||2nd March, 2020
|Last date for printing your application:
||17th March, 2020
|Online Fee Payment:
||21st January, 2020 to 2nd March, 2020
State CET Cell, Maharashtra State, Mumbai
8th Floor, New Excelsior Building,
A.K. Nayak Marg, Fort, Mumbai - 400 001
Phone: 022-22016157, 022-22016159, 022-22016153, 022-22016134, 022-22016119, 022-22016128
Download Information Brochure