4th C.L. Agrawal Memorial Moot Court Competition 2020
School of Law, Raffles University in collaboration with Rajasthan Education Trust is going to organize the 4th C.L. Agrawal Memorial Moot Court Competition 2020
Date: 29th - 1st March, 2020
Venue: School of Law, Raffles University, Neemrana Japanese Zone, National Highway-8, Neemrana, District-Alwar, Rajasthan
About the Moot Court Competition:
The university is privileged to announce the organization of its 4th National Level Moot Court Competition 'C.L. Agrawal Memorial Moot Court Competition 2020'. This competition is being organized in collaboration with Rajasthan Education Trust, a public charitable trust based in Jaipur. The trust is chaired by Hon'ble Justice S.C. Agrawal, Former Judge Supreme Court of India. Having been impressed by the status of Late Shri. C.L. Agrawal and his contribution to the field of Law education and humanities, Hon'ble justice V.S. Dave who had the privilege of long close association with
C.L. Agrawal became mentor and source of assertive and affective motivation and guidance to the organizers (School of Law, Raffles University) for the conduct of this prestigious Moot Court Competition. The fraternity of Raffles Law School is also fortunate to have Hon'ble Justice Dr. Meena V. Gomber, former judge of Rajasthan High Court as our chief patron and chairperson of Gomber Education Foundation. The competition is aimed at providing exposure to the students, pursuing the law courses, to the environment of the court system in India and to hone their advocacy skills. It will provide them an opportunity and a real-life experience cum training in doing cutting edge research, presenting ground breading arguments and contributing to the development of jurisprudence in concerned areas of Law.
Team Composition and Eligibility Criteria:
- Each team shall comprise of three members only out of which two will be speakers and one researcher.
- The competition is open for bonafide students pursuing BA. L.L.B five year and L.L.B three year courses in India.
- Each Law College shall be eligible to send one team. Each team shall be provided with the Team Code on reaching the venue. Team should not disclose the identity of their institution in course of proceedings in the court rooms; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification.
- The scanned copy of Registration form and travel form, completed with all Team Details must be submitted online on firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st January, 2020. Participants shall carry hard copies of registration form and travel form on their arrival and submit it at registration desk in the School of Law, Raffles University Neemrana on or before the specified date.
- A registration fee of Rs. 4000/- is to be sent by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of "Raffles University" payable at Neemrana along with the registration form. The team may carry Demand Draft along with them and shall submit at registration desk.
- Accommodation to the participating teams will be provided by SOL, Raffles University, Neemrana, for boys in boy's hostel and for girls in girl's hostel. Moreover, participants shall be abide by norms of the respective hostel during their stay.
- The accommodation will be provided only to teams for a maximum of 3 members.
- Teams that have an extra member, observer, if allowed with prior permission from organizers, will have to bear the cost of the expenditure (Rs 1500/- per observer).
- The name and mobile number of the student volunteers in charge of transport / accommodation will also be made available after finalization. Teams should fill in their travel plan in the sheet available so as to reach by 5.30 p.m. on 15-02-2020.
- Participants will be provided accommodation from evening of 28-02-2020 to night of 01-03-2020. However, if participants cannot leave on 01-03-2020, they will be provided accommodation by the university accordingly for additional day.
- Participants are requested to ensure that they report at host institution i.e. Raffles University on 28-02-2020 any time after lunch.
*Organizer reserve the right to change/modify any rules if required/necessary for successful completion of the event.
|Release of Proposition, Rules and Regulation:
||23rd December, 2019.
|Last date of Registration:
||31st January, 2020.
|Last date of Clarification:
||10th February, 2020.
|Extended Date of Memorial Submission (soft copy):
||22nd February, 2020
|Extended date of Memorial Submission (hard copy):
||24th February, 2020
|Inauguration, Draw of Lots and Preliminary Rounds:
||29th February, 2020.
|Semi-finals, Finals and Valedictory Ceremony:
||1st March, 2020.
School of Law, Raffles University
Neemrana Japanese Zone,
National Highway-8, Neemrana, District-Alwar,
Rajasthan - 301705
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Rules, Invitation