National Seminar on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
Center for Banking and Finance at Symbiosis Law School, Hyd.rabad is going to organize the National Seminar on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
Date: 28th March, 2020
Venue: Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad
About the Institute:
The concept of 'Symbiosis' is nurtured by Dr. S. B. Mujumdar (Chancellor Symbiosis International Deemed University) on the principles of Vedic thought 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam' which means 'World as One Family'. Symbiosis Law School Hyderabad is founded on pillars of expertise, justice and Service and is committed to impart quality legal education conﬁrming to acclaimed International standards.
Centre for Banking and Finance is a student-run forum of Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad with the objective to promote knowledge and awareness about this rapidly flourishing field of law. It aims to provide a platform to all aspiring lawyers to develop their research and advocacy skills in the field of banking and finance.
Call for Papers:
We cordially invite articles, case notes and research papers on the theme from all academicians, researchers, advocates, social activists and students pursuing law or any other academic degree. Interested participants may submit their abstracts and full papers for the Seminar on the following e-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sub - Themes:
TRACK-1: Emerging Jurisprudence in Insolvency and Bankruptcy Law
- Timeline of insolvency laws in India.
- IBC: A boon for Entrepreneurship.
- Insolvency and bankruptcy: changing the way to do business.
- IBC: Review from international perspective.
- Insolvency law: Social and Economic perspectives.
TRACK-2: Legal and Adjudicator mechanism of IBC
- The IBBI (Insolvency Resolution Process for corporate persons) (Amendment) Regulation, 2018.
- IBBI Interphase with Banks.
- The IBBI (Fast-track Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Amendment) Regulation, 2018.
- Role of information utility and valuation of firms.
TRACK-3: Cross border insolvency and investment process
- Priority of claims in IBC.
- Cross border insolvency in Indian Law.
- Rights of Secured and unsecured creditors under IBS, 2016.
- Voluntary and Compulsory liquidation of Corporate Entity.
- Challenges in cross border insolvency and investment process.
TRACK-4: Challenges in IBC, 2016
- IBC V. SARFAESI.
- IBC, 2016: Implementation Challenges.
- Effect of Bankruptcy on debtors and Creditors.
- Future of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
The Centre invites academicians, practitioners and students of law from any recognized university to register as a participant or to submit research papers for paper presentations to be held at the Seminar.
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be within 4000 - 6000 words long. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed. The manuscripts under this category must be of a highly analytical nature where the author(s) arrive at a definite conclusion pertaining to the topic.
- Abstract: Each manuscript must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words. This is inclusive of the abovementioned word limit of 4000 - 6000 words.
- Citations: Citations must conform to standards laid down in the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th 2015). Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation. Substantive footnoting is not permitted for manuscripts for any of the articles.
*Kindly note that the word limit is exclusive of footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is highly advised.
The following format must be strictly adhered to for all the submissions;
- Title: Times New Roman, size-16, Bold, 1.5 line spacing, center-aligned;
- Abstract: Times New Roman, size-12, Italicized, 1.5 line spacing, justified, Margins of 2.0;
- Main Body: Times New Roman, size-12, 1.15 line spacing, justified;
- Heading: Times New Roman, size-13, Bold, 1.5 line spacing, center-aligned;
- Sub-headings: Times New Roman, size-13, Italicized, 1.15 line spacing, center-aligned;
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, size-10, 1.0 line spacing, justified;
- Margins: One inch (2.54 cm) on all four sides.
- The registration fee for Student Research Scholars Rs. 800.00/- (Co-authors have to register separately)
- Academicians, Professionals- Rs. 1000.00/- (Co-authors have to register separately)
- On Spot Registration (Student/Research Scholars) Rs. 1000.00/-
- On Spot Registration (Academicians, Professionals) Rs. 1200.00/-
Note: The registration fee includes a course kit, breakfast, lunch, high tea and access to all technical sessions during the course. Registration fee is not inclusive of accommodation charges (No TA/DA).
|Last date of registration and submission of abstract:
||18th February, 2020
|Intimation of acceptance of abstract:
||23rd February, 2020
|Last date of fee payment:
||1st March, 2020
|Last date for full paper submission:
||15th March, 2020
| Date of Event:
||28th March, 2020
Mr. Gauravjeet Sokhi
Ms. Barkha Shravani
Ms. Ankita Kar