Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) - 2020
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes offered by 22 National Law Universities around the country.
Date of CLAT 2020 Examination: 10th May, 2020
The 22 participating National Law Universities are:
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS), Tiruchirappalli
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla
- M.P. Dharmashastra National Law University,(DNLU) Jabalpur
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University,(DBRANLU), Haryana
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2020.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2020 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2020 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component / section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2020 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories and Forty-Five percent (45%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2020.
- Candidates will have to pay CLAT 2020 application fee through online mode.
- It will be submitted through net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- Application Form Fee for General / OBC / PWD / NRI / OCI / PIO candidates will be Rs.4000.
- The form fee for BPL / SC / ST category candidates will be Rs. 3500.
- Application Fees will be non-refundable.
Mode of Application:
- Qualifying degree details
- Valid Email id and mobile number
- Fee Payment details
- Front facing recent passport size photograph (with plain background)
- Candidates scanned signature
- Category certificate (if SC / ST)
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority (if PwD)
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority (if under BPL category)
- Relevant certificate for respective state of Domicile, etc.
CLAT Consortium of National Law Universities
P.O. Bag 7201, Nagarbhavi,
Bangalore - 560 072