SAMANVAY 2020 - Mediation and Negotiation Competition 2020
Dr. D.Y. Patill College of Law is going to organize the Mediation and Negotiation Competition - "SAMANVAY 2020".
Date: 17th - 19th January, 2020
Venue: Dr. D.Y. Patill College of Law, Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyanagar, Sector 7, Nerul, Navi Mumbai
About the Competition:
This competition is designed to create awareness of the mediation process as one of the alternative dispute resolution methods. Mediation is a process of choice to allow parties to keep full control and decisive power over their disputes. Mediation and Negotiation skills will be the core competencies of the next generation of lawyers and business managers.
The Mediation Negotiation competition "Samanvay - 2020" is your platform to build skills, experience & to connect ADR experts of the future and understand the value of resolving disputes through mediation so that they can apply it in their personal and professional lives.
- The competition is open to full-time law students (3-years and 5-years course) registered in any University / College of Law in Maharashtra for the academic year 2019-2020. Only students studying law may participate in the competition. LL.M. Students are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- A total 32 teams shall be eligible to participate, and registration shall be done on FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.
- In case the number of registrations is less than 32, then the next lower even number will be taken into consideration. The decision of the Organising Committee shall be final in this regard.
- A maximum of 2 teams from the host college/university shall compete at the competition, thus making the maximum number of participating teams 32 in total.
- Each university/college may nominate a maximum of two (2) teams along with their individual CVs and the University/College profile in the field of ADR. Cross batch teams are permitted. However, cross-university/college teams are not permitted.
- The team shall register via their University/College in groups of 3, i.e. Negotiation pair comprising two (2) students and one (1) Mediator student. So, each participating team shall comprise of three (3) students.
- All individual application shall be rejected.
- There shall be a REGISTRATION FEE for a team participating in the competition.
- The registration fee for the team is Rs. 6000/- (Rupees Six Thousand) (without accommodation) and Rs. 10,000/- (with Accommodation).
Admission to all events of the Competition.
- Including all training, opening ceremony, and valedictory ceremony.
- Accommodation will include staying for 2 Nights (17th /18th January 2020) in the Campus or a location close to the Campus, breakfast and dinner. The accommodation will be provided to the teams from 2:00 pm on 17th January 2020 till 18th January 2020. Rooms will be on sharing basis.
- Lunch will also be provided for Participants during the event.
Each team is required to send duly filled up scanned copy of application form along with the scanned copy of Demand Draft / NEFT / IMPS particulars of payment of fees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th December, 2019.
|Last date for Registration:
||30th December, 2019 (Online)
1st January, 2020 (Hard Copy by Post / Courier)
|Last date for Payment of Fees:
||1st January, 2020
|Release of final list of participating teams:
||4th January, 2020
|Release of Mediation Problems:
||5th January, 2020
||17th January, 2020 (Time to be declared)
||18th & 19th January, 2020
Ms. Nivedita Tiwari
Ms. Shweta Hazare
F.P. No. 20, Behind Taluka Police Station,
Old Thana Naka Road,
Panvel, Navi Mumbai - 410206