Andhra Pradesh University of Law, Visakhapatnam- Admission Notification for Academic Year 2010 - 2011
5 Years B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
Candidates from 10+2 /equivalent will be admitted into Integrated 5 year B.A., LL.B.(Hons.), of A.P. University of Law. For the convenience of the candidates and for maintenance of uniform standards, the University will admit students from this academic year onwards from the MERIT LIST OF CLAT-2010. Hence, candidates desirous of joining Integrated 5 year B.A., LL.B., (Hons.) course of A.P. University of Law should apply and appear for CLAT-2010. After securing rank in CLAT - 2010 the candidates have to apply to this University. Interested candidates are adviced to kindly check up the website for Downloading Application subsequent to declaration of CLAT - 2010 results. The University has its main campus in Visakhapatnam and two Centres at Kadapa and Nizamabad with 60 seats at each centre.
1. Admissions will be made from the candidates qualified in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) - 2010 being conducted by The National Law Institute University, Bhopal on 9th May, 2010. For full details visit www.clat.ac.in.
2. In addition, to be eligible for admission, a candidate should have passed the Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent recognized by the University, secured 45% marks in the aggregate.
3. Age: Candidates should not be above 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2010 (22 years in case of SC / ST / BC Candidates).
4. All candidates seeking admission should note that 5 Year Integrated B.A.,LL.B. (Hons.) Course is purely residential.
The duration of the course shall be Five academic years i.e. 10 (ten) Semesters. Each academic year is divided into two semesters. Each semester will have a minimum of ninety (90) working days. The academic calendar shall be announced in advance each year and will ordinarily be during July - December and January - June, with winter placements, winter break and summer vacation. Medium of instruction shall be English Only. The scheme of the study of the course shall be strictly in conformity with the syllabi and regulations prescribed by the Bar Council of India and A.P. University of Law from time to time.
After obtaining the LSAT-India registration number, the candidate must download/obtain the Application Form from the participating college; the college Admission Application Forms will require candidates to mention their LSAT-India registration number. Candidates must ensure that they write their LSAT-India registration number at the given place in the Application Form of the participating colleges.
Fees details for 5 Years Integrated B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Course
1. Tuition Fees Rs. 50,000.00 p.a. (Tuition fees for foreign nationals & NRI's US$ 3000 or equivalent INR p.a.)
2. Admission Fee Rs. 2,000.00 (One Time)
3. Infrastructure Development Rs. 6,000.00 (One Time)
4. Student Welfare Fund Rs. 3,000.00 p.a.
5. Examination Fee Rs. 1,000.00 p.a.
6. Academic Activities Rs. 2,000.00 p.a.
7. Facilities Fee Rs. 8,000.00 p.a.
8. Internet Fee Rs. 5,000.00 p.a.
9. Journals Fee Rs. 2,000.00 p.a.
10. Hostel Deposit (Refundable) Rs. 5,000.00
11. Library Deposit (Refundable) Rs. 5,000.00
Total: Rs. 89,000.00