National Seminar on "Women Empowerment Socio-Legal Challenges in 21st Century"
School of Law, Sharda University is going to organise a National Seminar on "Women Empowerment Socio-Legal Challenges in 21st Century"
Date: 31st January, 2020
Venue: School of Law, Sharda University
About the Event:
The Seminar will identify common forms of Social, Political, Legal, Religious and mental discriminations against women exist in the society in 21st Century. The purpose of this seminar is to discuss contents of each category women discrimination exist in society. Seminar will recommends further steps that need to be taken in order to address empower Indian Women in a holistic and effective manner.
- Role of Women in Indian Democracy: Issues and challenges
- Elimination of all kind of discrimination against Women: Issues and challenges
- Decision Making Power and Social Status of Women in Indian society
- Contribution of women in Legal world
- Role of Judiciary in Empowering Women in India
- Legislation and government policies for the achievement of women empowerment
- Crimes against women- Need of amendment in Criminal Laws
- Role of civil societies and NGOs in achieving women empowerment in India
- Issues and Challenges in the journey of women empowerment and suggestive measures to overcome these hurdles
Call for Papers:
Seminar papers are invited from faculties, lawyers, social activists, research scholars and students on any sub-thematic areas or it could be submitted on the main theme in general. The above themes are only illustrative but not exhaustive. The paper presenters may select the related topic covered under the main theme. Those who intend to participate should email the abstract (200-300 words) at email@example.com before 10th January 2020. After confirmation of the abstracts, participants will be required to make the fee payment and send the receipt to the organizing committee. Thereafter, you will be receiving a e-kit containing further details, list of speakers, details of the session, directions to the venue, etc. Full paper (original and unpublished research work) must be of 2500-4000 words, to be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org before 20th January 2020.
- MS Word, Font Type: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 Point, Line Spacing: 1.5 Abstract as well as Full Paper shall be submitted both in pdf and MS Word.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors.
- However, both authors have to register separately.
- All the papers will be submitted to the panel of editorial board to examine originality and contribution to academics.
- Every author has to submit an undertaking of its originality and no copyright violation.
Last date of Abstract Submission:
10th January, 2020
Last date of Registration:
15th January, 2020
|Last date of full Paper Submission:
||20th January, 2020
- Academicians / Professionals / Practitioners / Administrators / NGO, etc.: Rs. 750
- Research Scholars, Students, Participation only: Rs. 500
- Registration fee includes seminar kit, high tea, and lunch excluding accommodation.
- The registration fee to be deposited via NEFT / Online transfer, demand draft (Demand Draft in favour of "Sharda University School of Law" payable at Greater Noida or Cash
Mr. Avinash K Goswami
Mr. Bhanu P. Singh