International Conference on Maritime Law
The Centre for Maritime Law at National Law University Odisha, Cuttack is going to organize the International Conference on Maritime Law.
Date: 22nd & 23rd February, 2020
Reshaping the New Horizons: Maritime Law Perspective in 21st Century
- Foreign Direct Investment in the Shipping Industry
- Changing Global Scenario in Maritime Law and World Economy
- Marine Insurance and Development of New Laws
- Challenges of Maritime Security in Present Scenario
- Protection of Life at Sea: A Duty on the Coastal States
- Resolving Maritime Jurisdictional Issue by International Cooperation
- Asylum Seeker and their rights under International Law of Sea
- Marine Environment Protection and Impact of Climate Change
- Protection of Common Natural Resources: A Step for Sustainable Development
- Development of Laws Relating to Cargo Disputes
- Rights & Duty of Seamen under International Maritime Law
- Dispute Management for Freight Settlements
- Rapid changes in technologies and its impact on maritime law
- Maritime Piracy and Security
- Arrest of Vessels: Jurisdiction & Practice
Note: The abovementioned sub-themes are not exhaustive; the Author may choose any other theme. However, the same shall not be in derogation of the primary theme of the Conference.
Call for Papers:
We invite submissions from students pursuing law, academicians, scholars, advocates and technical experts from the maritime Industry.
- Abstracts of not more than 300 words, for original research papers on the above-mentioned sub-themes are invited, submitted as Word document (.doc or .docx format) , with a cover letter containing the name, designation of the Author(s), Institute of affiliation and contact details.
- Co-authorship is permitted to the maximum of two Authors.
- The abstract shall reflect the research objectives, research questions, and the theme of the article. It should also be accompanied with 5 - 7 keywords.
- Only the Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full-length papers and will be eligible to present their research papers.
- All Abstracts to be sent via e-mail to the Centre for Maritime Law at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 24th November, 2019 with the subject "CML - Conference Abstract Submission".
The full-length research papers should fall under either of the two categories:
- Short Articles: Between 3500 - 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes)
- Long Articles: Between 5000 - 8000 words (inclusive of footnotes)
After due scrutiny and communication of acceptance of the selected abstracts, the Editorial Board shall be accepting electronic submissions only. The following guidelines must be strictly followed:
- The full-length paper must be sent as an attachment in .doc or .docx format.
- Submissions must be mailed to email@example.com with the subject "CML Conference - Final Submission".
- Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- The manuscript should not contain the name of the Author, institutional affiliation or any other identification mark.
- Contributors are required to adhere to 20th edition of the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
- The manuscript must strictly adhere to the following formatting guidelines:
- Main Body: Font: Times New Roman, font size: 12 pt, Line Spacing: 1.5 lines, and Alignment: Justified.
- Footnotes: Font: Times New Roman, font size: 10 pt, Line Spacing: 1 (Single), and Alignment: Justified
- Margins: 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
Only those whose abstracts have been selected will be eligible to register as presenters. The following points should be duly noted:
- The registration process for the presenters shall begin after the intimation of selection of abstracts i.e. 1st December, 2019.
- A registration form will be duly attached with the intimation mail. The presenters shall be required to send the duly filled registration form along with the electronic proof of payment of registration fees (scanned receipt / screenshot) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The registration for attendees shall be open from mid December, 2019.
- The dates for registration as well as the registration procedure shall be announced on our website.
- Single Author: Rs 1200/-
- Co-authorship: Rs 2000/-
- Academicians / Scholars / Professionals:
- Single Author: Rs. 1500/-
- Co-authorship: Rs. 2500/-
- International Presenters:
- Single Author: US $50
- Co-authorship: US $70
- Student: Rs 800/-
- Academician / Scholar / Professionals: Rs 1000/-
- International Attendees: US $40
Note: For presenter / attendees seeking accommodation, an additional payment of Rs. 1000/- per presenter / attendee (for 22nd & 23rd February, 2019) has to be made and a soft copy of the payment receipt should be sent to: email@example.com
Date of release of notification:
21st October, 2019
Last date for Abstract Submission:
24th November, 2019
Communication of Acceptance of Abstract and Opening of Registrations for Presenters:
1st December, 2019
Last date for Registrations for Presenters:
10th December, 2019
Last date of Full Paper Submission:
15th January, 2020
Dates of Conference:
22nd & 23rd February, 2020
Ms. Avni Sharma
Mr. Kartikey Bhalotia
Mr. Shashank Chaturvedi
Centre for Maritime Law
Sector-13, Cuttack Development Authority,
Cuttack - 753015, Odisha