The GNLU Law Review (Volume VII): Call for Papers
The flagship journal of Gujarat National Law University, The GNLU Law Review was established in 2008, owing to the emergent need for broadening the platform for academicians, professionals, research scholars to share and disseminate, both, knowledge and scholarship of new and innovative ideas in legal and allied disciplines.
The GNLU Law Review is a student-edited, peer-reviewed, annually published law journal which aims at providing a platform for an inter-disciplinary approach towards the study of law. In the past, the law review has seen contributions from eminent legal scholars from around the globe.
The GNLU Law Review is open for academicians, practitioners, doctoral students and research scholars. All submissions must be accompanied with an Abstract of not more than 250 words. Up to 5 keywords shall also be provided. Please note that submissions from undergraduate students shall neither be accepted nor acknowledged. Further, the GNLU Law Review does not follow any particular theme. However, preference would be given to the submissions made pertaining to contemporary legal issues. The contributions submitted towards publication in the GNLU Law Review must not have been previously published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere.
The contributions shall be evaluated on the basis of originality, innovativeness, clarity and technical correctness. Authors shall solely be responsible for the accuracy of statements in the article. Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of 2 Authors. The manuscript must not contain the name of the Author(s) or his / her institutional affiliation or any other information. A separate cover letter containing the name of the Author(s), professional information, contact details and other relevant information must be provided.
- Articles (5000 - 8000 words, excluding footnotes)
- Essays (3000 - 5000 words, excluding footnotes)
- Book Reviews / Case Commentary / Legislative Comments (1500 - 3000 words, excluding footnotes).
Formatting and Citation Style:
- Submissions must be made in Microsoft Office (doc. / docx.) formats only.
- The paper should be free from all grammatical and spelling errors.
- The body of the manuscript must be in the font 'Times New Roman', font size 12 pt, line spacing 1.5 and the text should be justified.
- All footnotes must be in font 'Times New Roman', font size 10 pt, line spacing 1 and justified. All submissions must follow the 'The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition)'. The Authors may refer to the GNLU Law Review Citation Guide.
- Non-conformity will be a ground for rejection.
The deadline for making submissions is 15th December, 2019. All submissions shall only be made to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Manuscript Submission for Volume VII'.
The contributions presented to and accepted for publication, the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the GNLU Law Review. However, in exceptional circumstances, the contributions could be published elsewhere with the prior written permission of the Editor-in-Chief.
All contributors, by submitting any contribution towards the GNLU Law Review, agree to indemnify the Gujarat National Law University and the GNLU Law Review from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 15th December, 2019.
Dr. Anjani Singh Tomar
Mr. Sarthak Makkar
Ms. Priya Barua
Ms. Vasanthi Hariharan
Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor,
Koba, Koba (Sub P. O.), Gandhinagar,
Gujarat - 382426
Phone: 079-23276611, 079-23276612
Fax: +917878186624, +91-79-23276613