NLU, Jodhpur - Certificate Course in International Economics
Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences at National Law University, Jodhpur will be conducting the two weeks Certificate Course in International Economics
Course During: 7th - 19th October, 2019
Number of Seats: 30
Teaching Learning Methodology: Lecture-cum-discussion, Assignment and Presentations
The course is for the students having an interest in global economic issues like international business cycles, balance of payments, economic integration of international markets and economic growth and development. The course will be very useful for graduate study in International Relations, Public Policy, Economics and even more important for the students pursuing LL.M. in Trade Law. The certificate will prepare them for a broad range of professions ranging from the civil service, non-government organisations, advocacy, regulatory affairs and international business as well as open good employment opportunities in the central bank and in the international organizations such as the IMF, the World Bank.
About the Course:
The course develops a systematic exposition of the theories of trade that explain the composition, pattern and consequences of international trade. The course also tries to explain the impact of trade on welfare and the income distribution. It also develops the skills for understanding the concepts of protectionism, free trade and economic integration. The course also analyzes the links between international trade, globalization and inequality. It then explains the concept of Balance of Payments Accounts and focuses on some open economy models and relates them to policy issues. It discusses the problem of global imbalances and the measures taken by international and national monetary systems to correct it.
The course after explaining nominal and real exchange rates and their determination reviews various currency and financial crises. It concludes with an analytical account of the causes and consequences of the rapid expansion of international financial flows in recent years. In this course students will also be exposed to real-world like current trade war between United States and China and many more.
The content explained is taught in a formal and rigorous manner covering all the basic concepts of economics. So, after completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Understand that how countries trade and what is the outcome of trade.
- Explain whether free trade is good policy or trade should be protected
- Describe the impact of trade on income distribution
- Observe the influence of increasing economic integration
- Understand the inflows and outflows of Balance of Payments Account
- Develop an idea of how exchange markets and exchange rates work
- Analyze the measures taken by International Monetary Institutions to correct imbalances in BoP
- Teaching by Experienced faculty
- Course Material to be provided
- Special lectures by experts
- Access to library and other facilities on the campus
- Access to Wi-Fi connectivity
- Residential facility provided by the University.
- Certificate will be provided after the completion of the course
- Module 1: Theories of International Trade
- Module 2: Instruments of Trade Policy and Political Economy of Trade
- Module 3: Balance of Payments Accounts, Exchange Rate Regimes and their Determination
- Module 4: International Monetary Systems, Financial Globalization and Financial Crises
Course Fee: Rs. 9440/- (Inclusive of GST)
- This fee will cover participation in the course, course material.
- Accommodation, if required, will be provided in the University on payment of Rs. 150/- per day.
- Once registered, the fee shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- All participants will be responsible for their own travel arrangements.
Mode of Payment:
Registration fees should be paid by Demand Draft in favour of "Registrar. National Law University" payable at Jodhpur or participants can also make the payment using online fee deposit facility provided on the University website.
After completion of the course the participant will receive a Certificate from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, NLU Jodhpur.
Interested applicants may register themselves by the following process:
- Download the registration form from National Law University, Jodhpur website: www.nlujodhpur.ac.in
- The filled-out form should be faxed or posted to Dr. Kranti Kapoor, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Law University, NH-65, Near Mandore, Nagour Road, Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Fax no. 0291-2577540 and send the soft copy of the filled registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Make the payment of course fee through Demand Draft or using online fee deposit facility available on the university website.
Last date for registration:
30th September, 2019
Commencement of Classes:
7th October, 2019
End of Classes:
19th October, 2019
Dr. Kranti Kapoor
National Law University, Jodhpur
Dr. Chitra Saruparia
National Law University, Jodhpur
National Law University
NH-65, Near Mandore,
Nagour Road, Jodhpur,
Rajasthan - 342304